Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today's pictures.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    FullSizeRender-2.jpg
    912.6 KB · Views: 116
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_0604.JPG
    IMG_0604.JPG
    557.7 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: Thinkje
I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to by the stall elsewhere in the row should also be avoided, but here is my guess.. see if this helps:

You have it correct - 1A and 1B share, 2A and 2B share, etc. This is how 99% of the SCs work. There may still be a few very old locations that don't use this standard. What I think you're getting at is that 1A and 1B MAY not be physically next to each other. This is true. The PHYSICAL placement of the stalls varies by location, and it's dictated by the lease agreement and the nature of the parking. If all slots are Tesla EV charging only, then it goes 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B ... If half the spots are Tesla EV charging only, and the other half are general parking, then the stalls are usually placed "1A 2A 3A 4A 1B 2B 3B". This way each dedicated charging spot shares an SC cabinet with a general parking spot which may be ICEd. What Tesla is trying to avoid is two cars sharing a charging cabinet while another sits idle because of non-Teslas in the general parking.

Make sense? Just follow the labeling on the pedestals and you'll be good every time.

Thank you, @andrewket!

image.jpeg
Looks like this will be the final 'look'. Guys are cleaning up the site a bit and looks like they will be laying sod today.
Suspect this cosmetic work takes a day....And it should be ready for a ribbon cutting or just to 'turn on'.
My guess is the Easter weekend traffic will have these extra 12 stations available!

Thanks for the update AlMc We almost went 24hours without new pics! I like the Tesla logos, although I kinda wish they were on a splashier background to make it even more obvious to not be ICEd. Shouldn't really matter with the location though.

I take it there was no movement at the original stalls?