Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would never disparage an active photographer who is on assignment more than me!

We should use the rally number design to label the chargers.
Screen Shot 2016-03-23 at 6.21.02 PM.png

Reactions: jcadman22
I ran into Delanman and two other owners at the newly opened 12 stall station. All side by side A/B labeled.

****As was reported upthread there was NO signage about the shut off so the people that realized the new ones were 'hot' had called the SC 800 number and were told of the new location.

The other 4 chargers are turned off. I can only SPECULATE that this means they will be removed. I am sure they could also be upgraded/changed to L2, etc.

This is the first time I could follow an install from groundbreaking to completion as I live close by. I need to take a moment to THANK the crew. They were hard working ( worked into many dark nights ) and efficient. The site was always clean. I learned after a day or so that any questions I would ask would be answered with a smile and polite: 'I have no idea' (when we will be done/where we will go next)

TM: keep this crew........and keep the SC build out going :)

Reactions: Lanny and Kalud
I ran into Delanman and two other owners at the newly opened 12 stall station. All side by side A/B labeled.

****As was reported upthread there was NO signage about the shut off so the people that realized the new ones were 'hot' had called the SC 800 number and were told of the new location.

The other 4 chargers are turned off. I can only SPECULATE that this means they will be removed. I am sure they could also be upgraded/changed to L2, etc.

This is the first time I could follow an install from groundbreaking to completion as I live close by. I need to take a moment to THANK the crew. They were hard working ( worked into many dark nights ) and efficient. The site was always clean. I learned after a day or so that any questions I would ask would be answered with a smile and polite: 'I have no idea' (when we will be done/where we will go next)

TM: keep this crew........and keep the SC build out going :)

I suspected the other ones would be decommissioned.

Would be interesting to see if the Model S nav guides you to the new location...

On my way out, I stopped at the old chargers, redirected two unsuspecting drivers, taped cables to the charger (one was already lying on the ground), and added small notes on each charger with directions to the new installation. That should do it until we all become aware of the new and improved Newark, DE supercharger.

Agree with Al about the construction crew. Precise work. They were placing sod on the bare dirt this afternoon. When they are finished, Tesla Motors will have a new Flagship site East of the Rockies - and completed just in time for a major holiday travel weekend.

@Lanny is suggesting a grassroots ribbon-cutting ceremony on Saturday at Noon.

Reply here if you can attend.

More photos soon.

On my way out, I stopped at the old chargers, redirected two unsuspecting drivers, taped cables to the charger (one was already lying on the ground), and added small notes on each charger with directions to the new installation. That should do it until we all become aware of the new and improved Newark, DE supercharger

Not all heroes wear capes. (Maybe you were wearing a cape, I guess I don't know for sure.) Thanks for doing that!

It's funny, looking at the picture of the now-decommissioned old location, with the ridiculous paint job on those parking spots it already looks like you're not supposed to use it.

I think andrewket gets the "closest to the date without going over" prize for his 3/21 guess, that he'll be obliged to share with scaesare because of their birthdays :)
In a Tesla, it's never a bad day, but I'm going to miss any ceremony this weekend and will probably try to swing by next weekend to try it out. Apologies to anyone hunting for scissors.

Reactions: scaesare
I think andrewket gets the "closest to the date without going over" prize for his 3/21 guess, that he'll be obliged to share with scaesare because of their birthdays :)
In a Tesla, it's never a bad day, but I'm going to miss any ceremony this weekend and will probably try to swing by next weekend to try it out. Apologies to anyone hunting for scissors.
Hehe... I had forgotten about that...