Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newark, DE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the most packed I've seen it 8/12 stalls occupied.

Also, PSA, don't blink. I was chatting with a few owners, turned around and my saw my 5 year old about 75% up the fence around the transformer cabinet. No pics of it, but a pic of the fence to show how easy it is to get their little feet into the cracks.

Attachments

• 20160925_181417.jpg
    20160925_181417.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 99
  • 20160925_192004.jpg
    20160925_192004.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 81
There's a children's short story in here somewhere.
Alien being visits Earth and takes the form of a supercharger in order to learn about the environment. Unfortunately he isn't accepted by the other superchargers and is adopted by the J1772's.
There it is. They learned all they wanted to about our planet and departed to inform the rest of their species. :)

image.jpeg

Stall 1B in Newark is still bent from an apparent incident earlier in the year. Remember, this bent stall was discovered shortly before the entire Supercharger station went dark for four days which caused some to speculate that the two were related. Personally, I think it was coincidental.

View attachment 198029

Stall 1B in Newark is still bent from an apparent incident earlier in the year. Remember, this bent stall was discovered shortly before the entire Supercharger station went dark for four days which caused some to speculate that the two were related. Personally, I think it was coincidental.
I agree with your assessment. The damage done to the stall is cosmetic and I'm guessing that's not enough to prioritize a repair. We never did get any kind of explanation for the outage did we?

Enjoyed supercharging their with my wife at the end of our road trip on Sunday. Over the course of our 45 minutes, saw four other Model Ses and one X. Nice location with plenty of stalls, though the service center is always crowded and the fast food choices aren't the best.

I'm hoping MD puts one in Chesapeake House a bit further south on i95.

I'm hoping MD puts one in Chesapeake House a bit further south on i95.
They have stated they will put them at both MD rest stops on 95, starting with the northern one, which has the permit and hopefully will start construction soon.

My understanding from the Aberdeen MD thread is that Maryland House (which is the southern one, roughly mile marker 82) will be first. Chesapeake House (roughly mile marker 97) superchargers are apparently still under consideration, based on demand at the Maryland House superchargers once they're operational.