Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newport News, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone have information on this planned Supercharger in Newport News, Virginia? It's shown on Tesla's web site as going online in late 2018 but they don't seem to have identified an actual location for it yet. We're eager for this location to be built since it will be very convenient for our trips to Williamsburg.

Every supercharger says late 2018. Even the ones that were late 2017. They all were just +1'd to 2018.

People scan permit databases trying to see things, but it's hit or miss, as stuff shows up, like the Fredericksburg one...

Like all Tesla comms, would be nice to actually have someone telling us a construction schedule. But that would probably be 'a too boring topic' (that's an EM joke.... :D ).

This listing just appeared on PlugShare about 10 minutes ago. Apparently, the Newport News Virginia Supercharger is under construction. The Supercharger is said to be located at the Patrick Henry Mall close to the Dick’s Sporting Goods. Newport News is slated to have a Supercharger for this year, so let’s see how this goes.

Address: 12300 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23602, USA - 6 stalls
07CABCAF-C1B2-4F9F-85C0-78D7E4CC9A1C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Confirmed. I’ve talked to the PlugShare user who found the location, which tells me the parking area in which the Supercharger will be is dug up and fenced off, and that the estimated opening date is October 15th. PlugShare Location

Will add this on Supercharge Info

Last edited by a moderator:
This listing just appeared on PlugShare about 10 minutes ago. Apparently, the Newport News Virginia Supercharger is under construction. The Supercharger is said to be located at the Patrick Henry Mall close to the Dick’s Sporting Goods. Newport News is slated to have a Supercharger for this year, so let’s see how this goes.

Address: 12300 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23602, USA - 6 stallsView attachment 436620
There's already an existing TMC thread for this location, but it's technically in the wrong sub-forum (Southeast instead of Mid-Atlantic): Supercharger - Newport News, VA

I checked this out Thursday August 8. Looks like they are in the early stages of construction. Looks like it will be a while before this is operational. 2 pictures here.

Attachments

• IMG_20190808_110044288.jpg
    IMG_20190808_110044288.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20190808_105938514.jpg
    IMG_20190808_105938514.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 57
August 8 - clearly in the early stages of construction. Location: you have to go around back of the Patrick Henry Mall in Newport News. The mall is on Jefferson Avenue and is close to the exit/entrance for I-64. They are to the right of the Dick's Sporting Goods store. You can see the DSG sign logo in this picture.

Attachments

• IMG_20190808_105938514.jpg
    IMG_20190808_105938514.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 222
I checked this out Thursday August 8. Looks like they are in the early stages of construction. Looks like it will be a while before this is operational. 2 pictures here.

Looks like all of the electrical support is finished. Supercharger cabinets and buck boost transformers are all installed with conduit complete. Looks like the site is just waiting on pedestals to show up.