Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newport, OR (LIVE Jun 2023, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 1.26.13 PM.png

Tesla's latest Find Us map update has this location slipping back to Q3 for a target opening.

This was in the Newport News-Times paper about the new supercharger. The project manager says they hope to have station online by the end of May! We'll see.

View attachment 937698
Yes, welcome! I agree with you. End of May would really be pushing it. When I stopped by yesterday, all the conduit was in place and covered with gravel but no conductors had been pulled. That was not surprising since the distribution cabinet was not on site yet. There seems to be something going on with the lid for the transformer vault- the lid that fits the vault seems to be the wrong style, and the other lid on site, more typical for a transformer, is much larger than the vault. And of course, no transformer yet. Late June? Early July? As you said, we'll see.

As of yesterday: Stalls paved except for a hole at the end of the trench where 1 1/2 inch conduit emerges. I suspect that will supply lighting. Wooden forms have been stripped from the equipment pads. Larger transformer pad is in place atop vault. Protective bollards around equipment pads and transformer vault installed, with plastic bollard covers on site. Interesting that there are no bollards on the highway side. Stall sign posts installed, signs on site. No distribution cabinet on site, which will be needed before wiring. I suspect the transformer will not show up, even if the the utility already has it in their yard, until the site is wired.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
As of yesterday: Stalls paved except for a hole at the end of the trench where 1 1/2 inch conduit emerges. I suspect that will supply lighting. Wooden forms have been stripped from the equipment pads. Larger transformer pad is in place atop vault. Protective bollards around equipment pads and transformer vault installed, with plastic bollard covers on site. Interesting that there are no bollards on the highway side. Stall sign posts installed, signs on site. No distribution cabinet on site, which will be needed before wiring. I suspect the transformer will not show up, even if the the utility already has it in their yard, until the site is wired.
I have no information about if and when CLPUD ordered a transformer, but @Mrbrock has reported elsewhere that there is a nationwide transformer backlog of of 2-3 months. There may be a significant wait even after the distribution cabinet is installed and the site is wired, as we have seen at some other sites in the region.

Last edited:
I have no information about if and when CLPUD ordered a transformer, but @Mrbrock has reported elsewhere that there is a nationwide transformer backlog of of 2-3 months. There may be a significant wait even after the distribution cabinet is installed and the site is wired, as we have seen at some other sites in the region.

One of the other members here from CA has ties in the utility community and has access to PG&E distribution maps and he is who told me about the backlog. He can see requests popping up that aren’t being granted for 2-3 months currently. Could be shorter as they work through the backlog or longer if orders outpace manufacturing. Also might be mostly CA related since they have to replace many every year due to wildfires and I can’t imagine too many companies making these utility scale transformers.