Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newton, MA (RT-128 SB service plaza)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saturday photo update.
743900E2-A45D-4237-8BE3-9747E95D9B40.jpeg
D17B9028-30ED-44D9-9042-DCA6904C4C67.jpeg

The updated pedestal bases a rectangular vs rounded. They may be a simple iterativee improvement or they might be designed to also hold the new v4 pedestals eventually with a site upgrade. Nobody knows for sure yet I think.

The black pipe is one of the bollards before the yellow or red colored skin is put on it.
Thanks for the explanation! I'm a week into the Tesla community.

Reactions: kayak1
Stopped by this evening - most of the work currently seems to be getting a conduit to the back of the service plaza to run the primaries to the transformer. Still missing a transformer pad. I think I noticed empty cable spools suggesting the pedestal wiring back to the supercharger cabinets might be completed. Probably another week and a half of work on the construction side and then it will be up to Eversource & Tesla
IMG_8673.jpeg
IMG_8674.jpeg
IMG_8675.jpeg
IMG_8676.jpeg

@kayak1 I drove by on I-95 today but didn't pull into the rest area to loo closely. It looked like it was still fenced off.

I'd categorize it as construction still in progress. The chargers are in place, but who knows about the electrical wiring or the connection to the grid. 🤷‍♂️

Looking at these photos again (sorry for the dupes), I think some cables may not have been pulled yet….
Based on the lack of equipment left onsite (no shipping container for example) and the fact that the spots of been sealcoated and striped, my guess is they are done other than some minor cleanup. The only cabling left is probably the primary from the transformer pad to the pole, and maybe the secondary from the transformer to the switchgear. The former is owned by the utility - the later, I'm not sure if also the utility or the contractor.

Based on the lack of equipment left onsite (no shipping container for example) and the fact that the spots of been sealcoated and striped, my guess is they are done other than some minor cleanup. The only cabling left is probably the primary from the transformer pad to the pole, and maybe the secondary from the transformer to the switchgear. The former is owned by the utility - the later, I'm not sure if also the utility or the contractor.
Looking great, lets's hope that the transformer isn't backordered. I don't know if it will be up for Thanksgiving, but it looks like it should be good for Christmas. Thanks for all of the updates!