Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newton, MA (RT-128 SB service plaza)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would plan on stopping at the 12 stall Burlington Mall location. I've not been by the Newton site in a bit, I believe we may still be waiting for a transformer, and it's not clear what Eversource needs to do to get power to the site (ie. not sure if a pole might still be needed, no knowing where the conduit towards the rear of the rest stop terminated).

Reactions: kayak1
Just checked.

The trench is filled in. There are three white boxes and an empty concrete platform.

0B797489-DC2D-4DD4-9530-6D3A52C74CF0.jpeg
186F8E4C-2107-46E8-AC5D-BB13FA4A8B4C.jpeg

Thanks for the update. No transformer. The trench looks like it might head towards the pole on the other side of the drive-through driveway. Not sure if the conduit was pulled across that driveway to the pole there, or if they intend to add a new pole at the end of the trench and run the wires overhead.

Either way... we're waiting for Eversource work.

Thanks for the update. No transformer. The trench looks like it might head towards the pole on the other side of the drive-through driveway. Not sure if the conduit was pulled across that driveway to the pole there, or if they intend to add a new pole at the end of the trench and run the wires overhead.

Either way... we're waiting for Eversource work.
Thanks!

What is the role of the other three boxes (two of one type, and one of the other)?