Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newton, MA (RT-128 SB service plaza)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can confirm as of Jan 22nd still no juice - looks like it should be soon though.

Yup. Still no meter.

I did grab a clearer photo of the pole (in daylight):

1F44A2DD-507F-4D4C-987E-699E303254A6.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Good observation - not sure if this is for future expansion or potentially a separate primary for the CCS ChargePoints.

The Lexington setup, with one transformer, would just have one primary run to the pole with the CCS ChargePoints fed from the same transformer. I would assume the same would be done in Newton. But if the ChargePoints in Newton will be somewhere else, it's possible this will feed them, and their own transformer.

Last edited:
Good observation - not sure if this is for future expansion or potentially a separate primary for the CCS ChargePoints.

The Lexington setup, with one transformer, would just have one primary run to the pole with the CCS ChargePoints fed from the same transformer. I would assume the same would be done in Newton. But if the ChargePoints in Newton will be somewhere else, it's possible this will feed them, and their own transformer.
Thanks for explaining some possibilities.

We definitely need more CCS chargers for the non-tesla drivers.

Reactions: kayak1
Reports on Twitter by Owen Sparks this morning of contractor activity at the superchargers, possibly Tesla energy or contractors. This evening the stalls are still dark, but at least one stall (1D) is now numbered - commissioning work may have begun. Not sure if a meter is now present.

Getting closer.

• Love
Reactions: macheboston
As long as the meter is energized (it appears it may be) then it should be all in Tesla’s hands now. With one stall numbered my guess is Tesla was onsite today and may have begun the commissioning process already. Could be up tomorrow unless they found something today that requires work from the contractor to resolve.

As long as the meter is energized (it appears it may be) then it should be all in Tesla’s hands now. With one stall numbered my guess is Tesla was onsite today and may have begun the commissioning process already. Could be up tomorrow unless they found something today that requires work from the contractor to resolve.
Should be up today unless they hit issues (large team of 4+ - probably cross training new team members - on site commissioning now)

Commissioning team family photo courtesy of Bev Jones:
IMG_1289.jpeg

Last edited:
Yay!

It's in the app too.

View attachment 899769
Those that may not be aware, the app has very recently become the gold standard for seeing if a site has gone live (short of taking a drive that is). As part of the commissioning process, one of the final steps Tesla does is to mark the site as live. It shows up almost immediately in the app. Newton showed live at 2pm today, but was not there at 1:45pm.

The website follows at some point thereafter. While the website used to take days to weeks before showing as up, I just checked and it's now showing live on the web too! I don't know if this is a change in their site publishing process, or if we just got lucky with it showing up there so fast today.

The car, for whatever reason, doesn't provide the same realtime addition of the new site to the in-car nav. Presumably because millions of Teslas driving around always asking the back-end servers "any new supercharger sites out there right now?" would not work very well. Instead the cars seem to get new sites added sometime after they go live, perhaps at a random interval.

Reactions: macheboston