Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Niagara Falls, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The meter was not installed yesterday when I was there.
But he was definitely a Tesla guy (jacket and hat). Only 1 of them which tells me there's no energy in them yet (i'm pretty sure they'd need to be working in pairs if dealing with high voltage???).
Will be back there next Tuesday for my next update.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
The meter was not installed yesterday when I was there.
But he was definitely a Tesla guy (jacket and hat). Only 1 of them which tells me there's no energy in them yet (i'm pretty sure they'd need to be working in pairs if dealing with high voltage???).
Will be back there next Tuesday for my next update.
Every time I've seen a Tesla employee activate a site, it has been one person working alone, often on a phone calling back to HQ, wherever that may be.

March 28 2020:
- not up and ready
- meter not installed
- steel plates still covering local utility hookup

Also, is there a centralized resource that explains V3 stations and why the stations have powerpacks and etc. For some reason, I feel the local grid can’t handle V3 charging by itself, the battery packs are there to provide that additional boost of power when needed.

• Informative
Reactions: Soey22 and FMinMI
March 28 2020:
- not up and ready
- meter not installed

Also, is there a centralized resource that explains V3 stations and why the stations have powerpacks and etc. For some reason, I feel the local grid can’t handle V3 charging by itself, the battery packs are there to provide that additional boost of power when needed.
Very, very few V3 stations have Powerpack batteries attached or co-located (maybe 4 or 5 locations total). This one definitely doesn't.

March 28 2020:
- not up and ready
- meter not installed

Well the local grid may be able to handle it, but the transformer (the connection to the grid, if you will) probably cannot. Yes, to truly achieve the promised 250kW at all stalls, simultaneously, there will need to be battery packs added to the site. I think Tesla will supplement sites with packs based on demonstrated demand on a site by site basis.

Well the local grid may be able to handle it, but the transformer (the connection to the grid, if you will) probably cannot. Yes, to truly achieve the promised 250kW at all stalls, simultaneously, there will need to be battery packs added to the site. I think Tesla will supplement sites with packs based on demonstrated demand on a site by site basis.
If this virus wasn't happening this summer would prove this site to become overwhelmed over the weekends. Many will be using during fireworks season. Off peak hours it will also be used by locals to top for unplanned trips to Toronto.

If this virus wasn't happening this summer would prove this site to become overwhelmed over the weekends. Many will be using during fireworks season. Off peak hours it will also be used by locals to top for unplanned trips to Toronto.

So which site is the closest now for people who you are expecting to use this one - Gimsby? And have you seen it be very busy there on weekends last year?

On the Tesla site they also talk about St Catharines 'coming soon'. Has anything started there? (or is the NF site going to replace that one - NF is NOT on the Tesla map)...

Thanks.

Last edited:
So which site is the closest now for people who you are expecting to use this one - Gimsby? And have you seen it be very busy there on weekends last year?

On the Tesla site they also talk about St Catharines 'coming soon'. Has anything started there? (or is the NF site going to replace that one - NF is NOT on the Tesla map)...

Thanks.

Ill assume the St Catharines site is not happening since it’s only a 10 min drive away.

The next closest locations for Toronto goers is Grimsby and Mapleview Mall Burlington which seem like plenty (don’t seem crowded to me ever).

I personally don’t suspect this location to be overused; but then again, I’m seeing a lot more Model 3s in the area than I’m used to.

The site is probably a great place to charge up before heading into the USA (or after entering Canada) since you may lose 10 mins to 1h30m waiting at the border to cross.

Last edited:
Currently I use the grimsby location for unexpected trips to Toronto, but only after waiting at home to charge to make it there. Having the convenience to charge from low state of charge to 80% In NF is more convenient for the round trip rather than stopping twice at grimsby going and coming back. My grandmother lives across the street at the Mount Carmel subdivision, so this is extremely convenient once corona is over and I could spend 45 mins visiting with her before the trip.

NF has very little L2 charging compared to St Catharines & Welland. This is the perfect location, and no St Catharines is no longer on the table for Supercharging. It's been planned for years at the City Hall location with no success.

Trust me once the world goes back to normal, this location will be over run with visitors from Toronto looking for V3 speed charging to get back home after their day/weekend visit. No more looking for hotels in NF with destination chargers.

My grandmother lives across the street at the Mount Carmel subdivision.

NF has very little L2 charging compared to St Catharines & Welland.

Trust me once the world goes back to normal, this location will be over run with visitors from Toronto looking for V3 speed charging to get back home after their day/weekend visit. No more looking for hotels in NF with destination chargers.

Same with my extended family, majorly convenient. There is FLO chademo, ccs and L2 at the corner of Thorold stone and Montrose too. But, I’ll agree with the summer weekend part.

March 31 update:
- shoutout to local hydro utility workers working hard to make us happy.

Ill assume the St Catharines site is not happening since it’s only a 10 min drive away.

The next closest locations for Toronto goers is Grimsby and Mapleview Mall Burlington which seem like plenty (don’t seem crowded to me ever).

I personally don’t suspect this location to be overused; but then again, I’m seeing a lot more Model 3s in the area than I’m used to.

The site is probably a great place to charge up before heading into the USA (or after entering Canada) since you may lose 10 mins to 1h30m waiting at the border to cross.

That's why I am very interested in it (the NF one). We have relatives in Olcott and Newfane NY, and the only close SuC on the US side would be Buffalo, which takes us 45 minutes out of the way. Plus the best I will be able to do is a 20A 220V connection at one of relatives homes; 120V at all the rest. This one will work out great both going to them and coming back to MI, as we have NEXUS passes and is pretty close to that crossing...

No, but they did install a hydro meter.

Hopefully, the work regarding the local hydro hookup is done. And Tesla just needs to verify. Surprised Kitchener is up before this one.

Hopefully it will be up soon.

Yup, Kitchener went from a snow bank to working chargers really fast.
Great to see for sure.

Would be great to see more chargers in cottage country now. :)