Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Norfolk, VA - N Military Hwy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A while ago, I found a site approval for a Tesla EV Charging Station in the Shadywood East district. No address was indicated, but after checking Google Maps it’s easy to see it’s a pretty small area, and in it, a Wawa.

I asked the city about the permit, but I was told I have to be either a Wawa or Tesla exec to see the documents. So there must be something going on, right??

Anyway, it’s been a while that I haven’t been able to get any developments, so I’m just posting the thread here today in hopes that someone may have more intel on this location.

61D87E89-220F-4A00-87F8-3A5911844840.jpeg
ECF4F110-7C20-4068-9B32-CFBEB67617A2.jpeg

Wow, in a different lifetime...back when I was just a baby E-5 in the Navy, I lived in the apartments on Edward St, next to the fire station.....man....that was at least 17 years ago now.

I had to play around on Street View, because I don't recognize the neighborhood.

This looks to be a better spot than the one at JANAF.

This location would be easier access from I-64 and is the exit to Norfolk International Airport. It is about one mile further to the right of the above satellite photo.

Also, Supercharge.info indicates that the Janaf Supercharger is being expanded. It needs it. It is usually over 50% and often full.

Any idea if Telsa is likely to switch the existing to V3?

Finally got ahold of the Norfolk permit. Will be V3

E20-03264
6301 N MILITARY HIGHWAY
11/06/2020 - 12/15/2020 - Electrical
Issued - Commercial - Service Upgrade
Install Tesla V3 Supercharger cabinets, Install Charging posts, Install 700A Electrical Disconnects, Install Utility Transformer, CT Cabinet & meter, Install Site controller & electrical disconnect
Building - 402.6 - 402.6 - 0 - 100,000

Norfolk - N Military Hwy, VA

Along Primary Interstates: I-64
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-13, US-460
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

To: Norfolk, VA - 3 miles
Diversion: 1 miles
To: End (I-264/I-664 near Chessapeake, VA) - 20.9 miles

US-13

To: Salisbury, MD - 133.7 miles
Diversion: 3.8 miles
To: Dover, DE - 190.2 miles

US-460

To: End (US-60 Norfolk, VA) - 8.9 miles
Diversion: 10 miles***

*** Actually only 3 miles for any sane person, but when I do the US Numbered Highways I assume following the highway, diverting and returning to the highway at about the same place (unless there's some weird triangle thing going on)..

Because Norfolk, VA deserves 3 Superchargers.

OK, so actually a version 3 Supercharger closer to I-64 than the existing location, although farther from US-13.