Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Norfolk, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No disrespect intended to the family of the man that passed away, but if a man who drove a gasoline truck died while refueling an underground tank at a gas station, would the gas station be closed for 8 weeks?

Gotta wonder what the hold up is here, especially since there are hundreds of other superchargers around the planet and there haven't been any safety issues at any of them...

Took a late night test drive of the new version 7 ..... ended up near the Norfolk Supercharger ... dropped in to check and it's fully functional tonight ...... did a quick top off and it's pumping out the amps ...... :)
20151018_015327.jpg
20151018_015535.jpg

Awesome to hear. This is progress to the Tesla Motors and the City of Norfolk,Va. This will drive in business, for sure. Next we got to make a memorial to Mr. Steven Weaver for the accident that occurred at the Tesla Supercharger Station. Hopefully the Tesla Supercharger Team will make a sign for his memorial and make a ceremony. My condolences to the Weaver family.
Sincerely: Ron

Supercharger - Norfolk Va.

To those that may not have followed there was a terrible accident back in August the evening before the Norfolk Va. Supercharger was to have it's grand opening. One of the electricians, Steven V. Weaver of Angier, North Carolina, was found dead at the scene. The opening was of course canceled and the Superchargers that were working were shut down until a full investigation was completed. With heavy hearts for the family we have been following any news. Last night I was out playing with my version 7 and ended up close to Janaf Shopping Center, the charger location, and decided to check. The chargers had been wrapped in yellow tape but now were all lit up with the charger cables in place. I had used them before the accident and grand opening that way so I plugged in. While they still show not operational on the map it cranked out the amps and topped me off in a few minutes. Love the Superchargers ..... Hopefully Tesla will soon post the new opening officially and acknowledge the electricians death. I know many have posted alternate charging questions who were either going to Nags Head or Virginia Beach on vacation. This location will be great and cover that part of a Tesla trip.
20151018_015301.jpg
20151018_015535.jpg

Not sure if this made it in this thread yet or not.

Mom remembers man who died at Tesla charging station as "super kid" | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com
1893201.jpg

mainly did electrical work on cell towers for Next Generation Solutions Inc. out of Clayton, N.C., and this was the first time he'd worked on Tesla charging stations. Weaver and his crew finished work on the Janaf station two weeks ago and returned Tuesday to make sure everything worked. Weaver's mother, Marthieah, said her son had worked for Next Generation for about six years
- - - Updated - - -

It appears the OSHA investigation is still open. Inspection Detail

still shows as open, no change that I see.

Checked it out and it's still up and running. It was running a week or so before the Grand Opening before so maybe it will be official soon ... the Tesla map still shows under construction ... darn these things charge quick ..... :)

You should note that supercharge.info is a crowd sourced info site, and is not official in any way. So when we report that someone charged at the site here, supercharge.info is updated to show live. Pointing out that it is shown as live on supercharge.info ends up being circular.

This Supercharger location now indicates it is live at supercharge.info

You should note that supercharge.info is a crowd sourced info site, and is not official in any way. So when we report that someone charged at the site here, supercharge.info is updated to show live. Pointing out that it is shown as live on supercharge.info ends up being circular.

However, it's good to know it's been updated, because the map looks better with every red dot. :D

iT'S OFFICIAL ......

SC_Owner_Announcement_wordmark.png
SC_Owner_Announcement_hero.jpg

The Norfolk, VA
Supercharger Station is Now Open

We are excited to announce that theNorfolk, VA Supercharger Station is now open. New Supercharger Stations open every week, enabling more options for free long-distance travel, for life.

Details about all of our Supercharger Stations and destination charging locations can be found on our find uspage. Thank you for supporting the transition to sustainable transportation.