Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Norfolk, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have obtained a copy of the detailed plans for this supercharger provided to the city by Black & Veatch that includes lots of arcane details about the cabling for the various panels and specifications for the gravel under the concrete pad and other such minutiae, if anyone is interested in it. The site plans make it clear that it is actually not directly in front of TJ Maxx, but down at the end near Qdoba and Panera (and much closer to Hooters for DFibRL8R). See this drawing:

Screenshot 2015-05-08 01.51.22.png

To orient you, the building in the bottom left is the one with Panera and Qdoba and the Navy Federal CU. The V shaped area with the bushes at the center top is the extreme south western corner of the WalMart parking lot. They also made a very nice elevation of the site:

Screenshot 2015-05-08 01.43.22.png

Here is the Google Streetview of this spot:
Screenshot 2015-05-08 02.00.31.png

Last edited:
I've been chatting with that reporter a bit as he prepared the story. He asked the right questions and seems like a good guy. Nice to see some accurate press, although one might prefer less focus on the cash flow you can't argue with the facts.

This is good news. We will be going to several Norfolk State University football games this fall. The round trip from Glen Allen can be dicey in cold weather. Last fall I made it back to Glen Allen with 2 miles to spare.