TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - North Aurora, IL

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by ItsNotAboutTheMoney, Oct 5, 2016.

1. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Supercharge.info shows a new Supercharger in North Aurora, IL. There's an existing site in Aurora (opened in February 2014). This one's closer to I-88. So, a better location and a better deal?

North Aurora, IL

Interstates: I-88
    US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi)

I-88
    To: End (I-290/I-294, Hillside, IL) - 27.4 miles
    Diversion: 1.4 miles
    To: Normal, IL (I-88, I-355, I-55) - 132 miles

Really just improving an existing site.

2. radami1

radami1 Member

According to the supercharger map on the official Tesla.com the one in Aurora on Broadway disappeared. I think the one in North Aurora must have replaced it. The one on Broadway was in the Roundhouse parking lot and the superchargers were on temporary dollies the last time I was there.

• Informative x 1
  3. gnxs

gnxs Member

The SC at Two Brothers brewery is still there, but I'm local and can't believe I missed the construction on the one at Woodmans in North Aurora since I'm up there frequently. I'll need to go check it out today.

4. 1BadNerd

1BadNerd New Member

I was there and charged Thursday. The sod is still 'squishy'. 8 back-in stalls on the south side of the parking lot. Woodman's is supposed to be expanding in the Chicago area. Wonder if that means any more SCs here.

5. K5ING

K5ING MegaMiler

Here's the one in North Aurora, half of it anyway. I had a friend who lives up there snap a picture of it today. He also verified the one at the Two Brothers Roundhouse is still there, physically anyway.

North Aurora Superchargers.jpg

6. gnxs

gnxs Member

The New Supercharger in North Aurora and the old one in Aurora by Two Brothers Brewery are both working (as of yesterday).

By chance the other day I ran into one of the guys at Woodmans Supermarket (where the North Aurora SC is located) who was on the Woodman's team that was responsible for getting the SC located there. He was looking for my feedback on having it there since this was a new thing for them. We spoke for about 15 minutes but it sounded like one of their hopes was to attract more upscale clientele to their store. Hopefully locals that may use this location will spend some time shopping in the store. It sounds like if this one works out they will be considering having Tesla install SC at other Woodman's locations. I believe they are mostly in WI.

Personally I didn't shop here too much in the past because of how far it is from my home, but we always liked the store. In the future we are going to shop here whenever we pass it on the way home and need groceries to help support the business, whether I need the charge or not.

7. bigballer8526

bigballer8526 New Member

Maybe the other woodman's (in carpentersville) will one day get a supercharger as well.