Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Aurora, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Supercharge.info shows a new Supercharger in North Aurora, IL. There's an existing site in Aurora (opened in February 2014). This one's closer to I-88. So, a better location and a better deal?

North Aurora, IL

Interstates: I-88
US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi)

I-88
To: End (I-290/I-294, Hillside, IL) - 27.4 miles
Diversion: 1.4 miles
To: Normal, IL (I-88, I-355, I-55) - 132 miles

Really just improving an existing site.

Supercharge.info shows a new Supercharger in North Aurora, IL. There's an existing site in Aurora (opened in February 2014). This one's closer to I-88. So, a better location and a better deal?

North Aurora, IL

Interstates: I-88
US Numbered Highways (<= 5mi)

I-88
To: End (I-290/I-294, Hillside, IL) - 27.4 miles
Diversion: 1.4 miles
To: Normal, IL (I-88, I-355, I-55) - 132 miles

Really just improving an existing site.
According to the supercharger map on the official Tesla.com the one in Aurora on Broadway disappeared. I think the one in North Aurora must have replaced it. The one on Broadway was in the Roundhouse parking lot and the superchargers were on temporary dollies the last time I was there.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Here's the one in North Aurora, half of it anyway. I had a friend who lives up there snap a picture of it today. He also verified the one at the Two Brothers Roundhouse is still there, physically anyway.

North Aurora Superchargers.jpg

The New Supercharger in North Aurora and the old one in Aurora by Two Brothers Brewery are both working (as of yesterday).

By chance the other day I ran into one of the guys at Woodmans Supermarket (where the North Aurora SC is located) who was on the Woodman's team that was responsible for getting the SC located there. He was looking for my feedback on having it there since this was a new thing for them. We spoke for about 15 minutes but it sounded like one of their hopes was to attract more upscale clientele to their store. Hopefully locals that may use this location will spend some time shopping in the store. It sounds like if this one works out they will be considering having Tesla install SC at other Woodman's locations. I believe they are mostly in WI.

Personally I didn't shop here too much in the past because of how far it is from my home, but we always liked the store. In the future we are going to shop here whenever we pass it on the way home and need groceries to help support the business, whether I need the charge or not.

1000000412.jpg
Ok, that's a weird spot for a van accessible handicap spot. Does this mean we're getting a Tesla Van soon ;)? It's a new sign and there is plenty of space in between chargers for wheelchair accessibility. Have people converted their Model X for wheelchair access?

• Informative
Reactions: Bikeman
My expected trip out to N. Aurora today didn't happen. Maybe soon. I hope the new units are lit up by then. And... Yipee... if I wait another two weeks, I might make it over there in my new Y, expected one week from now! I've got to try out S.C.'ing pretty soon anyway, just to see how/if that works.

My expected trip out to N. Aurora today didn't happen. Maybe soon. I hope the new units are lit up by then. And... Yipee... if I wait another two weeks, I might make it over there in my new Y, expected one week from now! I've got to try out S.C.'ing pretty soon anyway, just to see how/if that works.
The extra spots should be active soon. They had the bags off one day last week but put them back on. They got the fence around the new power station so not sure how far they're on completing all the hook ups.