Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't bank on the Ivy charger - a couple weeks ago during the Huntsville Tesla meet, 2 M3's tried to charge there and were not able to - with a non-Telsa vehicle at the pod beside it charging away happily.

You were right. I tried the Chademo Ivy charger on Friday without any luck. Gave me an error code 22 on the unit.
PS: Also tried the North Bay Tesla supercharger. No dice.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Would you confirm the number of stalls? The details tab calls up 8 stalls but when I saw the site back in July I could only identify 6 connector pedestal foundations, more could could of course have been built after my visit.
Thanks and Cheers
Just went to check Yesterday, Saturday Nov 16 and there is 6 stalls and one of them is a drive in... The drive in had a model X parked with no one in it and pluged in... I checked the other 5 and they are not working. I assume the 6th one also does not work so no sure as to why this Model X plugged in his vehicle???

I can confirm that one outlet is working, the rest are still down. There is an X charging here right now

Attachments

• MVIMG_20191117_162900.jpg
    MVIMG_20191117_162900.jpg
    575.7 KB · Views: 170
I can confirm that one outlet is working, the rest are still down. There is an X charging here right now
That's... unexpected - I would have expected all or nothing on the charger stalls. I wonder if there is any chance that something similar is happenint to all of the other to-be-opened V3 Superchargers on the Trans-Canada?

I would also be very interested to see a picture of charge rate if you ever get the chance to plug into the single open stall - I'm curious if it is in some sort of throttled debugging mode or whether it's pumping out the full expected 250kw.

Major milestone to see a v3 stall actually functional in Canada!

But how do you know it was charging? It would be highly unusual for that stall to deliver electricity while its paired stall does not.
I don't think V3 stalls are paired in quite the same way - it looks like it is 4 per cabinet, and they are not supposed to have the same kind of falloff with simultaneous usage of paired Supercharger stalls that V2 does. This does also seem to indicate more autonomous handling of each individual stall vs V2's pairs.

I don't think V3 stalls are paired in quite the same way - it looks like it is 4 per cabinet, and they are not supposed to have the same kind of falloff with paired Supercharger stalls that V2 does. This does also seem to indicate more autonomous handling of each individual stall vs V2's pairs.
Oh duh. I forgot it was v3. But I would still be surprised if the other 2 on the same cabinet don't work, but admittedly I have little clue as to how the v3s are set up. I'm still in skeptic's corner until @Can37 provides further explanation.

Oh duh. I forgot it was v3. But I would still be surprised if the other 2 on the same cabinet don't work, but admittedly I have little clue as to how the v3s are set up. I'm still in skeptic's corner until @Can37 provides further explanation.
something which satisfied my skepticism was seeing that the stall in the picture @Can37 posted was pretty apparently lit up:
mvimg_20191117_162900-jpg.478063

I went back through forum posts of the assorted Supercharger installs in the area and all of the stalls seems to be obviously off, so this is a notable difference from past pictures.

something which satisfied my skepticism was seeing that the stall in the picture @Can37 posted was pretty apparently lit up:

I went back through forum posts of the assorted Supercharger installs in the area and all of the stalls seems to be obviously off, so this is a notable difference from past pictures.
I don't think it has power... I have a friend that's a fire fighter and has said the model x is in its 3rd day there plugged in...the fire hall is across from the streets of the charger. Pretty sure it's not on... I'll see tomorrow if he's still there

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP

Interesting. That satisfies a lot of my skepticism as well. I'm colorblind so definitely can't tell that it's lit up in that daylight photo. Thanks for the info.

I don't think it has power... I have a friend that's a fire fighter and has said the model x is in its 3rd day there plugged in...the fire hall is across from the streets of the charger. Pretty sure it's not on... I'll see tomorrow if he's still there
After staring at the picture a bit more after my last post, I actually have a bit of speculation to add (strengthened in part by the comments you added about that vehicle having been there for a bit)

I looked at the snow pattern behind both rear tires on this picture, and the light top snow layer appears undisturbed which strongly implies that the vehicle has been there since at least the last snowfall (which doesn't look very recent - it looks a couple days old). I wonder if this vehicle is actually associated with Tesla, and whether it is there to verify or troubleshoot or etc this V3 install? If it is, then we may be seeing a whole lot more of this exact vehicle at all of the other Supercharger stations along the Trans-Canada over the next month