Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger - North Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If all goes well, North Bay should open today, along with the rest of the stretch to SSM. Photo posted in the SSM thread. @pmanstuff . Oddly, Deep River is still not on the map as Temporarily Closed
0ED303F3-C4EF-4A0A-AC68-C5BC06B7E8BA.png

Well there is a Baldwin St nearby... still a pretty oblique name that few if any will recognize. Simply calling it Espanola would make far more sense. Maybe it will be renamed to Espanola when the station is officially activated.
It's in Baldwin Township. It's actually located several kilometers from Espanola. The actual town of Espanola is well off highway 17.

It's in Baldwin Township. It's actually located several kilometers from Espanola. The actual town of Espanola is well off highway 17.

I'm from Sudbury so I'm well aware that the SC site is not actually in Espanola. While Baldwin Township makes this designation technically correct very few people are going to understand the reference. Using a recognized town name rather than an obscure township name that only locals will readily recognize makes more sense to me but....

I'm from Sudbury so I'm well aware that the SC site is not actually in Espanola. While Baldwin Township makes this designation technically correct very few people are going to understand the reference. Using a recognized town name rather than an obscure township name that only locals will readily recognize makes more sense to me but....
Agreed. I drive from Ottawa to Sault Ste Marie several times a year and always say we're stopping in "Espanola" for ice cream. In fact I'd never been into the town of Espanola until this past October when we had to drive into the Petro Can to use the ChaDeMo charger.

Agree as well - I had no idea where the hell Baldwin was until I looked it up on a map, but Espanola is a well-known waypoint on the drive between Southern Ontario and Thunder Bay. Unfortunate naming choice on Tesla's part.

If all goes well, North Bay should open today, along with the rest of the stretch to SSM. Photo posted in the SSM thread. @pmanstuff . Oddly, Deep River is still not on the map as Temporarily Closed View attachment 487056
Can one of you get me a pic of the map like this with the pins showing as open? I don't have a Tesla and want to make a post on EV Society social media. This is big news for us northerners!!

We’ve got a SC at a very popular mall about ten miles north of Calgary that is just across the line into Rocky View County. You guessed it, the SC is called “Rocky View”, which actually wraps almost all the way around Calgary and is thousands of square km in area. A little more investigation into what makes sense for naming these SCs would be good UX :D