Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Bend, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I arrived in North Bend this past Thursday with a SOC around 9% (even though TeslaFi reports 11%) after just over 100 miles of continuous driving and thought I'd give it a shot in my Raven Model S to see what we could pull here. It took about 9 minutes for it to ramp up but it peaked at 159 kW, which is slightly higher than I thought I could charge at. Ambient temperature outside was 50 degrees.

I didn't stick around to see how quickly it would taper but once it hit about 30% the speed began dropping again so it didn't stay at this level more than a couple minutes. I was mostly curious to see what max speed this charger and my car would hit at a V3 stall.

IMG_20200305_191829.jpg

Annotation 2020-03-07 100542.png

Did you set the charger as the destination to allow the car to precondition the pack to about 85F? Heading to this charger, I got the on screen "preconditioning battery for Supercharging" message about 10 minutes out - this helps with higher charging speeds at low states of charge.

Did you set the charger as the destination to allow the car to precondition the pack to about 85F? Heading to this charger, I got the on screen "preconditioning battery for Supercharging" message about 10 minutes out - this helps with higher charging speeds at low states of charge.

YES !!!! Definitely do this when a little over 10 miles out (or more). Make the Supercharger your destination in the NAV and it will pre-condition the battery as you get close - enabling max charge rate. Of course other factors also apply.

FYI, the lane strippings are a little off. Center your car on stall bumper in the pavement and not the painted stall marking. Otherwise you'll be stretching the charging cable to reach your car. It's about a foot off but close enough that I think they didn't bother to re-stripe the lot.

Stopped by the North Bend charger this afternoon. It appears that only 4 of the chargers were working (App implies 2 are down, not 4). Am I missing something or are none of the chargers marked with numbers/letters here? The 4 that work are the 4 northernmost ones.
I noticed the same thing a few days ago. Probably not a big deal during COVID lockdowns but they should try to get those fixed soon for sure.

This supercharger is completely down now. It's listed as "temporarily unavailable" in the Nav, but in my experience you can often still find a few stalls working at superchargers with that label. That wasn't the case here. I tried all 8 stalls just to be sure and none of them worked. If you're desperate, there are both EVGo and EA chargers at the outlet mall 2 exits down. Looks like the mall is closed, and the parking lot is blocked off, but you can drive around the barriers. Chargers appeared to be energized. L2 and Chademo.

This supercharger is completely down now. It's listed as "temporarily unavailable" in the Nav, but in my experience you can often still find a few stalls working at superchargers with that label. That wasn't the case here. I tried all 8 stalls just to be sure and none of them worked. If you're desperate, there are both EVGo and EA chargers at the outlet mall 2 exits down. Looks like the mall is closed, and the parking lot is blocked off, but you can drive around the barriers. Chargers appeared to be energized. L2 and Chademo.
That’s weird, if this closure is caused by recent power outage then EA chargers should not work.

Since it hasn't been mentioned, the BBQ/Taco place is pretty good:

You can also order ahead of time online. So if you submit your order around Highway 18 you can just pick up your order to eat while charging.