Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Bend, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, I believe both sites are on the north side of the freeway which is further evidence that they would be unlikely to build both. If you are going to build two, you would want one on either side of the freeway for ease of access.

I was going to say how much I would enjoy it that people who complained about the previous location at the outlet mall would now likely complain about this location too, but acarney already beat me to the punch :) I have clearly spent far too much time reading supercharger threads over the years!

Also, I believe both sites are on the north side of the freeway which is further evidence that they would be unlikely to build both. If you are going to build two, you would want one on either side of the freeway for ease of access.

I was going to say how much I would enjoy it that people who complained about the previous location at the outlet mall would now likely complain about this location too, but acarney already beat me to the punch :) I have clearly spent far too much time reading supercharger threads over the years!

I actually was originally happy about the outlet mall, at least I think I was. I would have liked it a little further down (toward the food options), but I checked out google maps and once I saw there was a traffic light at the corner of the mall there I was fine.

Reactions: PLUS EV
"Truck Town" (as we like to call it) by the Country Pride wouldn't be a terrible spot out here. There are definitely fewer food options but it's not completely sparse. A few gas station quick stops, a diner, a Popeyes Chicken, and a Burger/BBQ/Mexican place. There is a also a small hotel across the street. I think the outlet mall would be a much more entertaining destination but they could definitely do much worse than the truck stop.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 12.50.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-09-25 at 12.51.25 PM.png

Permit reflects the mall's address. I'd bet some cash on this location.

TA could be an option but a shitty option at that... Tesla does have a bit of hack Developer in the PNW with no experience at building anything so you never know what you'll get with a hack like that. I'd imagine he is trying trying his best... LMAO...

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: N8DGR8
Apparently construction has started at the truck stop... unless they’re getting two, looks like we got the crappy location with far few food options and no Starbucks...

Pictures are not mine, Eric Mitchell shared them to the Pacific Northwest Tesla Owners Facebook group.

5470F5DF-890C-46FE-A9C3-62238DB2A183.jpeg CBF0C57D-6B09-4BA0-A75E-45D3CBF89BA7.jpeg 3E50D546-24BC-4500-90EC-92406310F30D.jpeg 9327EF7D-47DD-47B7-9597-A7F6F5A58805.jpeg

Attachments

• 90E6F0E5-A372-4D4C-85A1-2E2056C8BDEA.jpeg
    90E6F0E5-A372-4D4C-85A1-2E2056C8BDEA.jpeg
    195.6 KB · Views: 98
A side note, the Washington state contractors are doing a fantastic job knocking these things out! I feel like if Tesla has their crap together these stations could go a week from breaking ground to being open and maybe less than a month from permitting to open... but instead I suspect these will sit for a few weeks to a few months before being open because they’re waiting on Tesla...

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Apparently construction has started at the truck stop... unless they’re getting two, looks like we got the crappy location with far few food options and no Starbucks...

Pictures are not mine, Eric Mitchell shared them to the Pacific Northwest Tesla Owners Facebook group.

View attachment 461240 View attachment 461242 View attachment 461244 View attachment 461241
I actually agree with you that superchargers at Starbucks are nice. Like you said, I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks relative to other coffee companies, but it's the perfect stopping time for a supercharger.

That being said, so many superchargers along I-90 in the Northwest have Starbucks that I don't think it's a big deal that this one doesn't. Off the top of my head, Issaquah, Ellensburg, Ritzville, Missoula, and Bozeman are all right next to Starbucks. Cle Elum and Butte are right next to non-Starbucks coffee shops. So if you want a coffee shop stop along this route, you can stop at any of those. And if you would prefer truck stop amenities, you can stop in North Bend. It's good to have options.

I actually agree with you that superchargers at Starbucks are nice. Like you said, I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks relative to other coffee companies, but it's the perfect stopping time for a supercharger.

That being said, so many superchargers along I-90 in the Northwest have Starbucks that I don't think it's a big deal that this one doesn't. Off the top of my head, Issaquah, Ellensburg, Ritzville, Missoula, and Bozeman are all right next to Starbucks. Cle Elum and Butte are right next to non-Starbucks coffee shops. So if you want a coffee shop stop along this route, you can stop at any of those. And if you would prefer truck stop amenities, you can stop in North Bend. It's good to have options.

This is true... and I guess I probably would have to stop at Cle Elum or Ellensburg heading back from Seattle with my SR+ anyway. I pictured leaving Seattle with either no or very little charging and then making a stop at North Bend for the charge to get home. But looking at the map that's ~175 miles... probably would want to stop at Ellensburg for at least 5 minutes or so just so I wasn't pushing it too low, especially in winter.

Edit: And so I didn't have to charge to 100% at North Bend!

I stopped by the site tonight and grabbed some more pictures for those interested. Looks like they are making reasonable progress.

It's the first chunk of spots in the parking lot, relatively central to all the nearby businesses.
IMG_20191001_180218.jpg IMG_20191001_180245.jpg

It's the parking lot of the Country Pride / Popeye's Chicken. The Shell is also off the same entrance.
IMG_20191001_180316.jpg

There are a total of eight (8) conduits so I'd say it's safe to assume it's going to be an eight stall.
IMG_20191001_180357.jpg IMG_20191001_180435.jpg

I stopped by the site tonight and grabbed some more pictures for those interested. Looks like they are making reasonable progress.

It's the first chunk of spots in the parking lot, relatively central to all the nearby businesses.
View attachment 461639 View attachment 461640

It's the parking lot of the Country Pride / Popeye's Chicken. The Shell is also off the same entrance.
View attachment 461641

There are a total of eight (8) conduits so I'd say it's safe to assume it's going to be an eight stall.
View attachment 461642 View attachment 461643

Looking like an 8 stall V3 site based on the conduit layout and transformer size.

Can you or someone else get some more pictures of the cabinet conduit and concrete foundation layout as well as see if there is a kVA rating on the transformer?