Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Bend, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s open!

Stopped by on the way to dinner and pulled into the spot next to the chargers and the Tesla tech waved me off around 4pm. I pointed out I wasn’t actually in a Supercharger spot and he went “Ohh.” Stopped by on the way back from dinner about 5pm. He was there still working chatted with him a bit. It was clear it was going to be open tonight. Went back at 6pm. He was gone and I plugged in. Stalls not numbered but no cones up and it works.View attachment 487706
@Chuq @MarcoRP

I just stopped in for dinner with my friend and caught the techs as they left. My S wasn't very low and had a cold battery but they wanted to see the process so I pulled in to show and test (screenshot uploaded). As noted, the spots are a bit tight, I had to be up against the tire stop and centered or closer. My friend has a Model 3 but was at 40% SOC and only got up to 84kw.

Attachments

• IMG_20191212_192235.jpg
    IMG_20191212_192235.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20191212-191900.png
    Screenshot_20191212-191900.png
    781.1 KB · Views: 66
Charged here tonight and did a little more research. The Popeye’s and the diner close at 10pm. Popeye’s was listed as 11pm online but that listing is wrong. The gas station (with only a single stall bathroom) closes at 11pm

A 24 hour convenience store is over at the truck stop (look for the flag pole). They have large restrooms. And there are even showers and a laundromat if for some reason you find yourself in that circle of hell where you need to use these kind of facilities at a truck stop. There are only a couple parking spots in the truck stop area but you can easily walk there from the supercharger.

I also noticed there is a mediocre looking motel across the street from and within walking distance of the supercharger. Being a local, I would never stay there but it might be of some interest to out of towners passing through.

Aren't the cabinets usually more aligned with the parking place? Like the cabinet between the lines of the parking spot, with the right side of it very close to the line.

The cables look pretty short. Is that normal? Only SC station I've used is @ Issaquah, and I think you can get a lot closer to the cabinets there.

There actually aren't lines painted yet. What looks like lines in my photo are where they blacked out the lines that were there. For what it's worth I probably didn't do the greatest job parking. It was dark and rainy and I was just popping in to see if it worked so I didn't put much effort in. So I wouldn't draw any conclusions about alignment from my photo.

Are you getting 1000mi/hr charging speed?

I was over 80% charge so no. But even if I was lower on the charge it wouldn't have mattered I have a Model S 85D so I'd never get that rate. My wife has a 3 but we don't supercharge it.

Yep, another mis-alignment screw up. I’ve seen it a number of others. It forces you to park up against the stop (and a bit to one side helps). Unfortunately, lots of people don’t.

I've never found the ones you have to backup against the stop to be that big of a problem. In fact I rather like that setup. There's no doubt as to where you should be stopping.

I've never found the ones you have to backup against the stop to be that big of a problem. In fact I rather like that setup. There's no doubt as to where you should be stopping.

I'm always super worried about curbs being high enough to touch my car... does Tesla specific the curb stops for supercharger locations or is it a local contractor that just uses whatever meets code and is probably the cheapest? I haven't gone that close yet in fear of hurting my Model 3... but I sure would like to get closer sometimes with the superchargers

I'm always super worried about curbs being high enough to touch my car... does Tesla specific the curb stops for supercharger locations or is it a local contractor that just uses whatever meets code and is probably the cheapest? I haven't gone that close yet in fear of hurting my Model 3... but I sure would like to get closer sometimes with the superchargers
At stock height there is no chance you’ll make contact with a standard height curb while backing up.

The wheel stops are almost always the standard 6' high black and yellow rubber kind. Some of the older superchargers might have something different. I hesitate to say that you will never have an issue (see the Ukiah, CA supercharger thread), because there can always be tree roots and other things that make the ground uneven, but they definitely won't be built too high for a Tesla. The worst I've seen is that they are placed too far out from the pedestals which makes it difficult to plug in. The ones at North Bend are pretty far out, but the v3 cables are a lot more flexible than the v2s so it isn't really an issue.

• Informative
Reactions: ReddyLeaf
@MarcoRP @Chuq there is a lot of this happening this week... station comes online only to be turned back off the next day. I’m seeing this in Canadian threads, too. Just FYI.
The common denominator is v3. V2 sites are not having this issue. If this is how they plan on commissioning v3 sites going forward, we might need a new symbol on supercharge.info. Maybe a yellow dot or something indicating "recently activated, but not yet in the Nav so use at your own risk."