Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Bend, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you, bit of a shame for such an expensive car :).
Price of the car has nothing to do with it. Model 3 has a better liquid flow through the pack for thermal stability, and different cell size and likely chemistry, which have an bearing on what they can handle from a charge/discharge rate, since for all practical purposes, the pack size in the 3 LR is 75kW like the Model S 75. I believe that the wiring between the charge port and pack are also much larger gauge in the3 LR compared to the S75, if memory serves and this also has a bearing on how much power can be put through at a time.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Price of the car has nothing to do with it. Model 3 has a better liquid flow through the pack for thermal stability, and different cell size and likely chemistry, which have an bearing on what they can handle from a charge/discharge rate, since for all practical purposes, the pack size in the 3 LR is 75kW like the Model S 75. I believe that the wiring between the charge port and pack are also much larger gauge in the3 LR compared to the S75, if memory serves and this also has a bearing on how much power can be put through at a time.
He drives a more expensive car than a Model 3 and gets a much lower charge rate. You don't think that's a bit of a shame?

• Funny
So looking inside the pedestal, is the v3 liquid cooling of the connector and cable done by that black box on the bottom left? I assumed the cooling would be done at the power converters and not at the pedestal itself.
I think it just circulates the water around the cable and into a reservoir... so it's active cooling in the sense that something is removing the heat from the cable, but I think passive in the sense that there isn't a chiller cooling the water or anything.

All the tops are on the pedestals and the broken one was repaired with white tape lol. I think they're probably just pending inspection at this point!

IMG_20191205_170102.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191205_170029.jpg
    IMG_20191205_170029.jpg
    636.6 KB · Views: 73
I’ve been watching the Tesla SpC technician working at this site for the past few hours. Another guy (construction contractor worker?) has been helping him.
At one point they had the back covers off of all the stations. Those are all back on now.

All of the stations TESLA logo backlighting is now on.

He had an access door on a power company (painted green) cabinet open, but it’s closed now.

They’ve walked off to get some lunch now.

My best guess is that it’s very close to being useable. If not today, then very soon.

It’s open!

Stopped by on the way to dinner and pulled into the spot next to the chargers and the Tesla tech waved me off around 4pm. I pointed out I wasn’t actually in a Supercharger spot and he went “Ohh.” Stopped by on the way back from dinner about 5pm. He was there still working chatted with him a bit. It was clear it was going to be open tonight. Went back at 6pm. He was gone and I plugged in. Stalls not numbered but no cones up and it works.
33E77A17-ABEB-4D24-9F9C-9BDE2FC6B08F.jpeg

Aren't the cabinets usually more aligned with the parking place? Like the cabinet between the lines of the parking spot, with the right side of it very close to the line.

The cables look pretty short. Is that normal? Only SC station I've used is @ Issaquah, and I think you can get a lot closer to the cabinets there.

It’s open!

Stopped by on the way to dinner and pulled into the spot next to the chargers and the Tesla tech waved me off around 4pm. I pointed out I wasn’t actually in a Supercharger spot and he went “Ohh.” Stopped by on the way back from dinner about 5pm. He was there still working chatted with him a bit. It was clear it was going to be open tonight. Went back at 6pm. He was gone and I plugged in. Stalls not numbered but no cones up and it works.View attachment 487706
Are you getting 1000mi/hr charging speed?

Aren't the cabinets usually more aligned with the parking place? Like the cabinet between the lines of the parking spot, with the right side of it very close to the line.

The cables look pretty short. Is that normal? Only SC station I've used is @ Issaquah, and I think you can get a lot closer to the cabinets there.
Yep, another mis-alignment screw up. I’ve seen it a number of others. It forces you to park up against the stop (and a bit to one side helps). Unfortunately, lots of people don’t.

• Informative