Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Bend, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been able to get 250KW on these chargers yet? I’m can’t seem to get above 170KW or so on P3D.
We might have to wait till spring/summer. It’s been widely speculated that it needs a *hot* battery instead of *warm* (think 40C+) and that might just not be doable based on how much mass needs to be heated in the cold. Also, I wouldn’t expect peak 250kW to be much outside like a 5% to 15% or maybe 20% SOC range...

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
We might have to wait till spring/summer. It’s been widely speculated that it needs a *hot* battery instead of *warm* (think 40C+) and that might just not be doable based on how much mass needs to be heated in the cold. Also, I wouldn’t expect peak 250kW to be much outside like a 5% to 15% or maybe 20% SOC range...

I also saw a YouTube video from out of spec motoring where his car (m3) wouldn’t keep charging once the ramp up past 160kw for some reason.

I am currently here charging. Max I ever got with a Model S 75 was 82Kw, changed 3 different outlets. Has anyone experienced this at North Bend or something wrong with my battery? Gentlemen next to me with a Model S P90 maxed out at 102kw. I thought the S could go till 150kw at this V3 supercharger.

I am currently here charging. Max I ever got with a Model S 75 was 82Kw, changed 3 different outlets. Has anyone experienced this at North Bend or something wrong with my battery? Gentlemen next to me with a Model S P90 maxed out at 102kw. I thought the S could go till 150kw at this V3 supercharger.
What was your battery level when you plugged in? The more the battery fills, the slower the charge

My S 60 has 65,000 miles is almost 5 and peaks around 75-85 kw at a low SOC. It lost about 25% of its peak super charging capacity from new. My max range new was 204, now it is 196. I now just don't charge as high knowing there is a backup further down the road. My main complaint is having to wait for a spot to open up.

I'm charging in my X75D and I haven't seen it go over 70 kW. Granted it's only 42 degrees outside.

The stall closest to the entrance has been damaged, looks like it was most likely backed into but there is also a big snow pile next to it so it could have been the plow.
NB Stall Damage 1.jpg NB Stall Damage 2.jpg NB Stall Damage 3.jpg
I'm not sure how to officially report it other than trying to call the support line - which I've never had any luck with.

• Informative
Reactions: TreborThickweb
I'm charging in my X75D and I haven't seen it go over 70 kW. Granted it's only 42 degrees outside.

The stall closest to the entrance has been damaged, looks like it was most likely backed into but there is also a big snow pile next to it so it could have been the plow.
View attachment 502014 View attachment 502015 View attachment 502016
I'm not sure how to officially report it other than trying to call the support line - which I've never had any luck with.
I charged again today and my S-75 never went beyond 82Kw, it was 45 degrees outside. Any S owners getting more thank 100kw at this supercharger?

I wonder if that happened when there was enough snow to cover the curbing and the car just backed right up against it. Still must not have been the best driver, but I could see that happening with those lower profile curbs and a large amount of hard packed snow...

Now that's a jaunty angle! Maybe the snow plough or whatever made that pile of snow beside that charging slot did it.

Any advice on how to report both the damaged and “slower than normal” charging speed at this location? We have been charging every week for the past 7 weeks now (ski lessons coming back from Snoqualmie) and never seen as low a KW at a V3 as here.

Any advice on how to report both the damaged and “slower than normal” charging speed at this location? We have been charging every week for the past 7 weeks now (ski lessons coming back from Snoqualmie) and never seen as low a KW at a V3 as here.

After my car sits in a ski lot for many hours, it takes a long time to heat up, especially when it’s only being driven downhill. Are you sure your battery is warm enough to receive V3 charge rates?

• Helpful

Snoqualmie Pass to the North Bend Supercharger is 20 miles downhill. There's no way your battery was warm enough for full speed Supercharging. I'd be surprised if you get over 100 kW even with preheating for 30 minutes before leaving the ski area.

@bbthechange reported getting over 200 kW in his Model 3 back in January, so the station seems to be capable of providing the expected speeds in a properly conditioned and capable vehicle. Many S 75s can't charge over 100 kW anyway.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
What model of car? What is the SOC? Driving from Mercer Island to Snoqualmie and back to North Bend, I would expect about ~45 kW @ SOC of ~50% in my Model S 60 from 2015.