Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Branch, MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

An 8-stall Supercharger is coming soon to North Branch at the Holiday convenience store off I-35.

North Branch.jpg

Attachments

• North Branch.pdf
    636.4 KB · Views: 209
Great to see another supercharger planned along I-35, but we *really* need one south of the metro area. Tesla *has* to have something in the works for Faribault or Owatonna, but maybe they just cant find the right partner or location…?
It is great to see more unplanned superchargers popping up (based on looking at Tesla’s published plan), so I have hope for one of these 2 locations. (Maybe even a supercharger in Grand Marais will happen!)

Reactions: Cyberjr
North Branch, MN

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Holiday
Along Primary Interstates: I-35
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-35

To: Hinckley, MN - 35.5 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Carlton, MN - 88.2 miles

V3 on I-35 North of the Minneapolis-St-Paul area..

If Tesla opened this and all previously identified locations, it now would only need 499 more locations to reduce the maximum gap along single Interstates to 50 miles or less.

This is an awesome metric. Is it based on an analytic tool you use or more of an estimate based on observation?
Sadly, not as automated as it should be. Every time* a new site is added to Supercharge.info I map distances using Supercharge.info from/to the Superchargers 2 either side along the highways it's "along". Mostly just Interstates (not spurs) and US Numbered Highways, but I have done some distances along a few state highways, particularly in California.

I have a spreadsheet with these distances, and count up the gaps in groups.

* Nearly. I ignore Long Island. Those guys are fine. I also ignore urban, although urban are pretty much dead.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kewmpie1
Wow. Transformer already in place? Where the heck is Bloomington's?
The transformer is ordered by the local electric utility. In North Branch, that would be the North Branch Municipal Water & Light. In Bloomington, it would be Xcel. Perhaps NBMWL is just be more on top of things and ordered the transformer a while ago. The lead time for such things was running 6-9+ months a year or two ago. Not sure about now.

It can be, in theory, just a few weeks, IF the prefab units are used, ground prep is good, a transformer is already installed, and Tesla is ready and available to test and enable it. Very rare though.
More likely, 2-4 months. Sometimes 9 months if it spans a winter season.
Bloomington got constructed pretty fast, but then stalled with no transformer (still).
Maple Grove got stalled by a big rain storm early on. But, then progressed well and got a transformer, yet is still not powered up.
Both of these are normal installs, not prefab.
Keep an eye on Monticello to track a local MN prefab install.