Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Conway, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has this location been excluded from supercharge.info because of the lack of progress, or was it just never added because there isn't any local information to link to? There's sort of a weird hole up there for charging if you try to do the leaf looking loop, so hopefully with the new pre-cast charging infrastructure they can deploy this site quickly.

I think this is going to be at the Hannaford Supermarket, 32 Mountain Valley Blvd, North Conway, NH 03860

Finally!

Construction appears about to begin - this is a Q421 site. Fencing on-site. Digsafe done. New pole in place with markings to bring the service across the street. Looks marked for a 12 stall potentially.

@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright
1B24A999-600B-4D9B-855B-A12092045ECE.jpeg
1A971544-658E-4777-8361-6D4CB92E6787.jpeg
5118CFE5-3723-4FF9-BCAB-7D789F158F14.jpeg
D1DDCAEC-4BD6-47D9-9C46-CA3CE74012F8.jpeg

I think this is going to be at the Hannaford Supermarket, 32 Mountain Valley Blvd, North Conway, NH 03860

Finally!

Construction appears about to begin - this is a Q421 site. Fencing on-site. Digsafe done. New pole in place with markings to bring the service across the street. Looks marked for a 12 stall potentially.

@tes-s @MarcoRP @corywright
View attachment 717151View attachment 717152View attachment 717153View attachment 717154
GPS coordinates: 44.02027063888231, -71.11374165036278

Reactions: juliusa
Perhaps a little premature, but added to supercharge.info.
Thanks. While I agree we've not seen any permits or planning board documents, or any Tesla equipment confirming this is a supercharger vs. an EVgo or EA station, with the Q4 '21 target and it previously being listed as "2022" I'm really confident this is a match. We should know in the next few weeks (I hope).

Typical fencing that shows up at Tesla supercharger sites (most recently almost all V3 superchargers) for construction.

The V3 fencing is also rumored to promote faster site construction than the previous V2 fencing.
When I wrote that I was thinking "why is the fencing different for a v2 vs v3 installation?" But I just realized, there are no more v2 installations, so it's really just "that looks like supercharger construction fencing". Carry on. I'll go get another cup of coffee...

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
Isn't it possible this could be another Hannaford ChADemo/CSS combo charger like the others scattered across NE?

But it's worth noting that at least some of those with generic charging also have Superchargers.
In Maine, Skohegan, Farmington, and Portland all have Hannafords with both generic and Tesla charging.
Augusta (Whitten Road) and Topsham have EVGo 1CCS + 1 CHAdeMO, but Augusta already had a Supercharger, and Topsham's not far from Freeport.

I'm also hopeful that the Belfast, ME and Ellsworth, ME Hannafords that are getting 2 CCS/CHAdeMO will also get Superchargers.

Isn't it possible this could be another Hannaford ChADemo/CSS combo charger like the others scattered across NE?

The VW settlement has been paying for many of the non-Tesla DCFC stations in NE. However, aside from Electrify America in Seabrook, Manchester, and West Lebanon, that hasn't been the case in NH. The state is supposed to finally use some of their share of the funds on EV charging next year.

And what are the odds that as soon as this thread has a post showing it's open, somebody will immediately complain about another place in New Hampshire that doesn't have a Supercharger?

100% because I'll start before its open:

Lancaster, NH
could use a Supercharger to fill in a gap in the northern NH for hikers, skiers, etc. Besides one seasonal campground, its a EV charging desert.

Along US Numbered Highways: US Route 2 and US Route 3.

Shaws or Walgreens or Mobil parking lots maybe?
44°29'44.0"N 71°34'26.6"W for example

48 miles west of Bethel, Maine Supercharger.
69 miles east of Berlin, VT Supercharger.
(28 miles east of proposed St Johnsbury, VT Supercharger)
40 miles north of Lincoln, NH Supercharger.
95 miles south of Sherbrooke, Quebec Supercharger.

Close to Santa's Village (and the area's larger hotels) for those with kids visiting the White Mountains.