Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Conway, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not a lot of visible change this week.

The gravel filling in the trenching across the road to the utility pole has been removed. As a result, a portion of the way between route 16 and North South road is closed. The detour is through the Hannaford parking lot, as if there wasn't enough traffic there near Thanksgiving.

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
Wires not unspooled yet on second look. They may be done for the weekend at 1 PM Saturday.

Conway11-20a.jpgConway11-20b.jpgConway11-20c.jpgConway11-20d.jpgconway11-20e.jpgConway11-20f.jpgConway11-20g.jpg

Reactions: TFCooper3
Note the shopping carts in one photo. The Hannaford lot is the #1 place in North Conway to be hit by a stray cart. People are lazy and there aren't enough corrals. However, except on very busy supermarket days the Superchargers are safe due to their far corner location.

In photo #2, the rightmost sign base is in a place where a Tesla can't Supercharge. Setup to allow other makes to Supercharge?

Conway11-24b.jpg
Conway11-24.jpg
Conway11-24c.jpg
Conway11-24d.jpg

The community wisdom is that it's eventually going to go at the Irving Oil / Circle K gas station in North Conway (1500 White Mountain Hwy). This is based on a presentation from Irving in summer 2019 listing it as a proposed location that they were in discussions with Tesla about (originally mentioned here. I don't think anyone has heard anything about it since though.

View attachment 675154
Do you have any updates on the N. Conway SC since June? Cheers

Yes, it would take a miracle akin to virgin birth for this to be ready for Xmas. Even MLK day is optimistic. Presidents' day might be more realistic. Two photos from today. No one onsite at 10:30 am.
The Littleton, MA SC went from ground breaking to charging in about 2 months, so 'operational by Christmas' is possible (work here started early October). However, Littleton has it's own electricity supplier, not one of the big utilities. From what I've seen, delays in the utility coming in, signing off, and turning on the juice are a major factor in the time it takes to activate an SC.

My prediction is that this SC will complete within a week or so, but will sit idle for weeks until the utility gets off its ass and turns it on.

Reactions: mociaf9 and kayak1
It's already 2 months since they started dropping hardware at the site. I'm sure the utility up there has people that can do inspections pretty quick, and I'm sure the town has inspectors that can approve the site quickly too. It just looks like slow construction progress for whatever reason. 🤷‍♂️
Took less than a week for both Eversource and Conway to inspect/approve a residential solar install with Powerwalls, although I'm guessing the SC is slightly more involved and Hannaford may be NHEC territory.

Reactions: Tdreamer