Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Conway, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hannaford has restrooms and opens at 7 AM. Closes at 10 PM, except 9 PM on Sundays. For Pharmacy and/or Holiday hours check North Conway Hannaford

For 24 hour restrooms, there's Irving across Route 16.

The cleanest facilities within walking distance are at Settlers Green (roughly the same hours as Hannaford) but the quickest way there is a shortcut that is messy during the Winter. REI, across Route 16, but with more limited hours would be second.

The Hannaford to go service may interest some drivers. You reserve a time-slot, normally at least 18 hours in advance, and then select groceries that they will shop and deliver to your car. They have designated parking for this service near the entrance, so not sure if they'll deliver to the Superchargers.

Grocery Delivery & Pickup Services at Hannaford

I think that we need chargers in this location next, the states side is very sparse in this area
I had a hard time figuring out what area of Maine you referred to in your screenshot from Plugshare. I recreated the map on Plugshare and supercharge.info and found out:

You included SuperChargers, CCS, and CHAdeMO in your picture. It looks even more sparse when only show SuperChargers.

It's easier to see the area when you show borders rather than satellite view. And labels of towns.

1640795399070.png
1640795476893.png

This is zoomed in, with CCS/CHAdeMO added back in. Something along RT11 is definitely needed, like around Ashland.

(and I really with PlugShare had slightly different icons/colors for the three types of plugs)

1640795873527.png

Reactions: RudeDude
I had a hard time figuring out what area of Maine you referred to in your screenshot from Plugshare. I recreated the map on Plugshare and supercharge.info and found out:

You included SuperChargers, CCS, and CHAdeMO in your picture. It looks even more sparse when only show SuperChargers.

It's easier to see the area when you show borders rather than satellite view. And labels of towns.

View attachment 749582View attachment 749584

This is zoomed in, with CCS/CHAdeMO added back in. Something along RT11 is definitely needed, like around Ashland.

(and I really with PlugShare had slightly different icons/colors for the three types of plugs)

View attachment 749585

I figured that we should have a CCS1 adapter in the next 3 to 12 months. Thus I included all 3 fast charge options.

Even if one includes all Level 2 options the picture for this area doesn't get much better.

Thanks for your maps they are clearly better than my map.

Reactions: RudeDude
According to rumors, neither of my cars will support the CCS1 adapter, so you can't include me in the "we". I would probably buy one if it did work for us. The CHAdeMO adapter is IMHO not worth it, even if it were still readily available.

According to rumors, neither of my cars will support the CCS1 adapter, so you can't include me in the "we". I would probably buy one if it did work for us. The CHAdeMO adapter is IMHO not worth it, even if it were still readily available.

I already have the CHAdeMO adapter and have used it enough to where I think it was worth purchasing.

As for M3/MY upgrades to add CCS support is fairly straightforward with a minor board swap. I have no idea what is involved in upgrading your Model X, Teslas was able to upgrade European Modex X's at a reasonable cost. It looks like the upgrade and adapter is currently priced at £199 Model X CCS Upgrade

Charged yesterday, game changer for MWV Tesla owners. 👍
Charged today, also a game-changer for Franconia Notch-area Tesla owners day-tripping to North Conway! (In winter anyway. Who wants to start the day at the Lincoln SC with a stone cold battery?)

@RiverBrick my son & I found the shortcut to Settlers Green around the Green Granite, it wasn't that bad. Met the other half of our party and supported the local economy while we were charging!

Unfortunately, this site has gone down today. New 250 kW sites seem to be unreliable for the first two or so months based on my admittedly limited experience.

Very inconvenient since many holiday weekend travelers will be driving today instead of Monday due to the coming storm.

View attachment 756353
Very inconvenient and not cool! Fortunately, we had sufficient charge to get to the Rochester Supercharger, 75 miles South.

Called Tesla Supercharger support today and they know it’s down but the timeframe is unknown to when it will be back up. Hopefully soon i have a drive all the way to Texas this week and would REALLY like to have a full charge…
Thanks for the calling Tesla and relaying their response. While it's always nice to start with a full charge, this sounds like it will be the first of many stops on the way to Texas, so don't let North Conway's status spoil the trip.

Reactions: kayak1
Thanks for the calling Tesla and relaying their response. While it's always nice to start with a full charge, this sounds like it will be the first of many stops on the way to Texas, so don't let North Conway's status spoil the trip.
For sure won't haha. Gotta get back to the military base (Fort Hood). Finally finishing up my out-processing paperwork. 👌

Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer