Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Conway, NH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was up in North Conway this weekend. I charged Saturday 11pm and Monday 11am and it worked great!

However, Saturday all day, the Tesla app was showing zero stalls available. I was checking roughly 8am-10pm. Any idea what was going on? Bring the only Supercharger around, it's pretty critical.

I was up in North Conway this weekend. I charged Saturday 11pm and Monday 11am and it worked great!

However, Saturday all day, the Tesla app was showing zero stalls available. I was checking roughly 8am-10pm. Any idea what was going on? Bring the only Supercharger around, it's pretty critical.
I was there Saturday as well and the app did say 0 available but when I got there almost all of them were empty. Maybe just a bug honestly.

I'm not too sure what the update frequency is, but I was recently at a somewhat popular charger in the East Bay area in California, and the available stall count was way off. It took me maybe three or four minutes to navigate there, and when I arrived the display showed the same status, but reality was that nearly all stalls were occupied.

I felt bad sharing a charger unit with someone, so I asked a couple cars what % they were at and plugged in next to a Model X that was almost finished. But that didn't matter for long because just a couple minutes later a few more cars arrived and a line started forming.

It still lets you charge when the car and app is not showing charger status for a location?

I didn’t want to experiment (when driving to the station would have wasted valuable charge if the units were disabled). And the next SC was 1+ hours away.
Yes. I think maybe if the SC loses connectivity it says not available. My guess is cars with free SC (like mine) have the VINs in local cache. So this wouldn’t work In newer cars. Just a guess.

Sometimes, drivers "forget" to return their carts to a corral. This time, someone may have forgotten to load a stroller after charging

conwayStroller.jpg

Interesting - did they say what form of upgrades by chance (Magic Dock comes immediately to mind, but you just ruled that out).

I know the Tesla Supercharger maintenance team does regular preventive maintenance at sites, including proactive charging cable replacement after a certain number of charging sessions. Perhaps that was what was implied with the term upgrades if they shared that...

I know the Tesla Supercharger maintenance team does regular preventive maintenance at sites, including proactive charging cable replacement after a certain number of charging sessions. Perhaps that was what was implied with the term upgrades if they shared that...
Could be. I asked if it was routine maintenance and the man replied "upgrades." I then asked about Magic Dock and he said no. The lids were off the pedestals. They were unboxing what looked like circuit boards on steroids that would fit into the tops.of the pedestals. It's a brutally hot day to be working outside, so I didn't want to bother them anymore.

The entire site is now marked "temporary closure."

The signs/bollards for stalls were removed sometime in the last month. (They are visible in the November 13 photo of the Cybertruck.)

Is this a nationwide thing, specific to the North, or only in North Conway? Fortunately, the Superchargers aren't in an area prone to ICEing

View attachment 997956
Not sure if it's national, but it's definitely widespread. Rumor has it that it's related to work being done to open the network to other vehicles, and the fact that the cable length we've been happy with all these years as Tesla owners isn't long enough to reach some non-Telas. Tesla solution: remove the bollards to allow vehicles to get a little closer. Will there be more damage as a result? Probably. Guessing Tesla sees that as a calculated decision and part of the price of opening up the network. The real solution of course is the v4 charging posts with longer cables....