Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North East, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Chesapeake House Travel Plaza. Work has started. From Miss Utility web site.

DIG SITE LOCATION

State: MD
County: CECIL
Place: NORTH EAST
Subdivision:
Address:
Street: I-95 S
Intersecting Street: BELVEDERE RD
Extent of Work: LOCATE A 50 FT RADIUS OF THE MARKED LIGHT POLE, AS WELL AS THE WHITE-LINED AREA BETWEEN THE LIGHT POLE AND THE TRASFORMER. DIR: FROM THE ABOVE INTERSECTION, TRAVEL NE ON I-95 S FOR APPROX. .8 MILES TO A LIGHT POLE LOCATED APPROX. 240 FT S OF THE HWY ON A GRASSY KNOLL IN THE CENTER WHERE THE HWY LANES SPLIT. THE POLE IS MARKED WITH WHITE PAINT. THE TRANSFORMER IS APPROX. 400 FT NE OF THE LIGHT POLE

Mission now is to get a picture of the construction at Maryland House and Chesapeake House.

I looked at both sites on Sunday night including around the Sunoco/Elevation Burger and didn't see anything.

Chesapeake House Travel Plaza. Work has started. From Miss Utility web site.

DIG SITE LOCATION

State: MD
County: CECIL
Place: NORTH EAST
Subdivision:
Address:
Street: I-95 S
Intersecting Street: BELVEDERE RD
Extent of Work: LOCATE A 50 FT RADIUS OF THE MARKED LIGHT POLE, AS WELL AS THE WHITE-LINED AREA BETWEEN THE LIGHT POLE AND THE TRASFORMER. DIR: FROM THE ABOVE INTERSECTION, TRAVEL NE ON I-95 S FOR APPROX. .8 MILES TO A LIGHT POLE LOCATED APPROX. 240 FT S OF THE HWY ON A GRASSY KNOLL IN THE CENTER WHERE THE HWY LANES SPLIT. THE POLE IS MARKED WITH WHITE PAINT. THE TRANSFORMER IS APPROX. 400 FT NE OF THE LIGHT POLE
I don't see mention in this info of Tesla or Superchargers, but if this is definitely for them, please forward this info to [email protected] so they can add a pin on the website for this location (if you haven't already).

I don't see mention in this info of Tesla or Superchargers, but if this is definitely for them, please forward this info to [email protected] so they can add a pin on the website for this location (if you haven't already).
Here is a little more info from the Miss Utility page.
"
DIG SITE INFORMATION

Type of Work: EXCAVATION AND BORING TO INSTALL A ELECTRIC SERVICE LINE
Work Being Done For: TESSLA
Explosives: N
Permit:
MDOT Permit:
Job Number: 17-21901"

The actual town is named "North East"? That's gotta be about the laziest name for a town I've ever heard of. Was that someone hard of hearing who was told "We need to name a town in north east Maryland." and didn't hear the word "in"?

Very close to North East, Maryland is Gilpin's Falls where O.P. Fritchle used the hydro-electric power plant to charge his electric vehicle on December 8, 1908 in what was probably the first EV charging session in Cecil County as documented below.

image.jpeg

The actual town is named "North East"? That's gotta be about the laziest name for a town I've ever heard of. Was that someone hard of hearing who was told "We need to name a town in north east Maryland." and didn't hear the word "in"?

LOL man, I was thinking the same thing. This same part of the country has towns called King of Prussia and Cape May Court House. Not to mention Jersey Shore which is in Pennsylvania.

In fairness, your city is mispronounced by the locals in any language :)

• Funny
Reactions: Rocky_H
LOL man, I was thinking the same thing. This same part of the country has towns called King of Prussia and Cape May Court House. Not to mention Jersey Shore which is in Pennsylvania.

In fairness, your city is mispronounced by the locals in any language :)

Have you been up into Lancaster County, PA? Bird in Hand, Intercourse, Blue Ball, and Paradise are all within five or ten miles of each other.

Out in Colorado, they have Telluride (to xxxx you ride) buried deep in the Rocky Mountains.

North East, MD

Interstates: I-95
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-40

I-95
To: Newark, DE - 18.6 miles
Diversion: 0.5 miles
To: Hamilton Marketplace, NJ - 91.1 miles

To: Harrisburg, PA (I-95,MD-275,MD-276,US-1,US-222,PA-272,US-222,local,PA-23,US-30,PA-283,I-283,I-83) - 80.2 miles

Just adding more choice.

Looks like they are having trouble getting area marked properly as they have submitted new Miss Utility request.

Extent of Work: LOCATE/MARK: LOCATE A 50 FT RADIUS OF THE MARKED LIGHT POLE, AS WELL AS THE WHITELINED AREA BETWEEN THE LIGHT POLE AND THE TRASFORMER. SEE DRAWING FOR BETTER DETAILS
Remarks: AREA IS LOCATED AT THE CHESAPEAKE TRAVEL PLAZA. GOOGLE MAPS IS OLD FOR THIS LOCATION. AREA HAS BEEN COMPLETELY RENOVATED SINCE THE GOOGLE PICTURE HAS BEEN TAKEN. THIS LOCATION HAS BEEN INCORRECTLY MARKED ONCE. PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CALL.
upload_2017-5-7_18-50-35.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Thinkje
This is the Chesapeake Travel Plaza on June 18. Stopped by on the way down from NY. I didn't see any Tesla crates but the pipes appear to be the same as what I have seen in pictures of other charges under construction. After leaving South on 95 I saw a similar construction area at the Maryland House but didn't stop. It is a large area fenced off that seems much bigger then normal.
Chesapeake House s.jpg