Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Naples, FL - Tarpon Bay Boulevard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new 8-stall V3 Supercharger should be under construction in the SuperTarget parking lot along Tarpon Bay Blvd. Tesla has a location planned for North Naples in 2020 so I wouldn’t be surprised if this is it.

Will await photos before adding this on SC Info

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alexei,

Thanks.

I think Marco's suggested location is more likely since Tesla has an ongoing relationship with Target. Recently we found a letter of permission authorizing Tesla to file Supercharger permit applications for selected Target properties. The letter is dated December 2019, and it doesn't specifically list this particular Target, but I am inclined to believe it has since been updated to add new locations. The Super Target is located right off I-95 and has multiple fast-food restaurants nearby and would be an excellent location.

In accordance with your Tesla source, the Super Target is located just off of Immokalee, but the Goodlette-Frank / Immokalee intersection is about 3.5 miles away and would be a less ideal location for a Supercharger Station.

When you are in the area can you check out the Target location and provide some high-resolution photos if they have broken ground as Marco suggests?

Thanks.

Larry

• Informative
Reactions: XLR82XS
I'm always driving by there so I certainly can investigate. I will post my findings here.
Thanks.

North Naples Supercharger at Super Target.jpg

Here's my GUESS. There are underground electric feeders in Tarpon Bay Blvd. The Super Target complex is fed from the service road in the rear off of Tarpon Bay Blvd. If I were Tesla I would locate the charging stalls away from the prime parking, but close to Tarpon Bay Blvd and near tree space in which to place the Supercharger equipment. If there's a Supercharger coming, the red rectangle is where I would begin looking for signs of breaking ground.

The blue rectangle would be my second choice to look.

Since we haven't found a permit yet, my guess is that even if this is the right place, Tesla may not have broken ground yet.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: XLR82XS
The Target location is a significantly better location (for on and off) than the possible GF & Immokalee location.

Immokalee gets backed up significantly West of 75 in the afternoon and it could cause travelers an additional 20-25+ minutes extra in congested travel.

I'm heading back to Naples on Saturday and will swing by Sunday and advise.

Reactions: Larry Chanin
Any update on this site? At the end of Jan I head down to Everglades City for my annual fly fishing trip in the Ten Thousand Islands area. I usually end up limping into the Ft Myers supercharger on the way home. This location will be a perfect stop for me.