Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Platte, NE

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on an email I sent to city planning/development department, the planned North Platte supercharger will be at 202 E Leota St. This location is a Runza restaurant like the planned Kearney and Lincoln Nebraska sites. The city said the project didn't require a building permit with them and they rely on the state for electrical permits/inspections, but they had seen a set of plans. So I'd consider it essentially "permitted."

North Platte, NE

Host Type: Restaurant
Host: Runza
Along Primary Interstates: I-80
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-30, US-83
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-80

To: Gothenburg, NE - 36 miles
Diversion: 1.8 miles
To: Kearney, NE - 97.4 miles

US-30

To: Gothenburg, NE - 38.4 miles
Diversion: 3.1 miles
To: Kearney, NE - 98.4 miles

US-83

To: Murdo, SD - 209.2 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Bismarck, ND - 477.3 miles

Another Runza Supercharger. Not a huge splitter, but good for density.

It's also on US-83, so helping in the gradual build-out of complete coverage.

This site is being worked on.
20220618_112345.jpg

It’s generally 50/50 from what I’ve seen.
I really only monitor supercharger activity in MN, AZ, and the route in between, and it seems like less than 25% are prefab. Maybe it often depends on where they are building the prefab units, and therefore the trucking prices from there? Does Tesla build the prefab units at Giga Nevada and Giga New York?

Was charging at North Platte less than half hour ago when a city truck pulled up, blocking several chargers. They needed to power down this site as they are installing a larger transformer due to high usage! Said they hardly ever see the other chargers by walmart being used.

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl