Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Providence, RI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The planned Tesla Supercharger at Neon Marketplace - 1874 Mineral Spring Avenue North Providence, Rhode Island just received final approval and construction should start in the coming weeks!
Very excited!

North Providence, RI

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Neon Marketplace
Along Primary Interstates: I-95
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-1, US-6, US-44
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-295

US-1

To: Dedham, MA - 35.6 miles
Diversion: 7.6 miles
To: Somerville, MA - 58.1 miles

US-6

To: Seekonk, MA - 14.1 miles
Diversion: 9.9 miles
To: North Dartmouth, MA - 36.9 miles

US-44

To: Seekonk, MA - 10.6 miles
Diversion: 2.9 miles
To: End (MA-3A Plymouth, MA) - 44.3 miles

I-95

To: Mansfield, MA - 23.1 miles
Diversion: 6.2 miles
To: Dedham, MA - 37.6 miles

Located for locals?
On US-1, US-6, US-44 and I-95, but _really_ just on US-44.

Reactions: EdA
Huge neon marketplace site at 1874 Mineral Spring Ave North Providence RI will have
42A919A2-CBA8-42F8-B8A7-3C24ED5E5F6F.jpeg
8V3 Superchargers.

Probably won't see North Providence updates for a bit - planning board just recently approved the plan, so it takes time to get contractors lined up, etc.... The list of Neon locations under development growing quickly. Add to that the list of other Tesla supercharger sites in the region, and it's clear we have more work than contractors available to build them. I think the company doing the majority of New England supercharger builds (Gordon Construction) has about two crews. I think there are probably 2-3 other companies seen doing superchargers in New England, but so far they aren't doing as many jobs as Gordon is (or typically as quickly I might add).

Note: I should add Gordon Construction is Rhode Island based, so clearly they could have a bias to doing Neon locations closer to home vs. the travel jobs in northern New England where the crews hotel for the week.

Adding to my previous post... we are aware of a Neon Marketplace construction project well underway Freetown, MA that we believe a Tesla Supercharger may included but have not yet found any written documentation to support a forum post. Another Neon Marketplace project has just surfaced for Fall River as well (I don't think it's come before the Fall River planning board yet - don't know since Fall River is in the dark ages and nothing is online). Neon has stated that they plan to include EV charging in all their new builds - but has also stated they intend to partner not just with Tesla, but also ChargePoint.

Reactions: chjch
Adding to my previous post... we are aware of a Neon Marketplace construction project well underway Freetown, MA that we believe a Tesla Supercharger may included but have not yet found any written documentation to support a forum post. Another Neon Marketplace project has just surfaced for Fall River as well (I don't think it's come before the Fall River planning board yet - don't know since Fall River is in the dark ages and nothing is online). Neon has stated that they plan to include EV charging in all their new builds - but has also stated they intend to partner not just with Tesla, but also ChargePoint.
Ok - confirmed the Fall River location with have a supercharger if the city approves the zoning amendment and subsequently approves the site plan. Not yet sure if the Freetown, MA Neon site already under construction will have superchargers. Word on the street is that it will, but don't have anything in writing to confirm it. Will probably start a thread to track it...

North Providence issued building permit #10247 6/1/2022 to demo two buildings and build a c-store at this location (1874 Mineral Springs Ave). At some point a supercharger permit will be pulled undoubtedly to go along with it - could be any time from now to just before the supercharger construction itself.

The supercharger construction at the new Neon Marketplace builds is being scheduled to occur towards the end of the c-store build, once the parking lot boundaries are well defined in terms of curbing and/or paving. This applies to this location which hasn't even begun demo work, and others such as Freetown, MA whose c-store structure is nearly complete but it's parking lot construction is still a work in progress.