Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • TMC Podcast #11 will stream live Saturday at 1PM PDT. We will be joined by special guest JT Stukes, a former engineer at Tesla. You can watch it live and participate in the chat on YouTube. We will addressing viewer comments and questions. For more information, follow the TMC Podcast #11 thread.

Supercharger - North Vancouver, BC

MarcoRP

Supercharger Dude
Sep 6, 2017
Canada
Got a tip last night that a new Supercharger is under construction at the London Drugs at 2032 Lonsdale Ave. The source was actually from a PlugShare location that was added last night with 1 photo of construction workers onsite and a lot of conduits sticking out. I called the London Drugs this morning and I was told EV charging stations are being installed. I think it's safe to assume these are Superchargers, but I will wait to add as someone from TOBC is going out this morning to confirm

PlugShare

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9

MarcoRP

Supercharger Dude
Sep 6, 2017
Canada
Confirmed. Photos by @Poobearcretu

1BC48CD9-AE6E-4384-AD71-1F28E7B0183F.jpeg
F47227EF-5993-4520-BE47-4270809E2409.jpeg

This location is going to be packed haha. When I stopped by there, I saw at least 10 Tesla's in the parking lot. Also West Vancouver has the highest % of Teslas per capita. I mean when the average home is $2 mil haha.

8 stalls is not enough, 16 would ~maybe be sufficient.

Same with Richmond with 20 v2 stalls it is always almost full, 24/7 :(

ecarfan

8 stalls is not enough, 16 would ~maybe be sufficient
Agreed, but it’s a good start. I won’t be using this new location since I have charging in my condo garage, but I’m happy to see the first Superchargers coming to North Vancouver! Any sign of the transformer?

Glad these are V3 and not Urban.

Agreed, but it’s a good start. I won’t be using this new location since I have charging in my condo garage, but I’m happy to see the first Superchargers coming to North Vancouver! Any sign of the transformer?

Glad these are V3 and not Urban.
True this is amazing it is V3, also 4 cabinets which can expand to 12 stalls later in the future! :D

• Informative
Reactions: srlawren

ecarfan

Even more progress as of yesterday. Things are looking good. All of the terminals look ready to go with their white casings on.
But is the transformer installed yet?

I don’t know about Canada, but in California the final step of the local utility installing the transformer and connecting it to the grid can take weeks.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC