Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - North Vancouver, BC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a look today - still no power
So the transformers are the tall white boxes with the grille around the top shown in the photo posted by @MarcoRP? Below is a photo of the transformers at the new Coquitlam SC, taken from that thread.

I’m just learning what BC transformers look like, I’m used to the ones in California which look different.

Attachments

• A681FC97-52D4-4276-AECD-7D25EDD22F52.jpeg
    A681FC97-52D4-4276-AECD-7D25EDD22F52.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
So the transformers are the tall white boxes with the grille around the top shown in the photo posted by @MarcoRP? Below is a photo of the transformers at the new Coquitlam SC, taken from that thread.

I’m just learning what BC transformers look like, I’m used to the ones in California which look different.
Those are v3 cabinets. We have the same ones stateside. The white box on the right is the switchgear.

Transformers are always green in the US, and I don't recall them looking much different in Canada, but I guess I'm not sure that they are always green up there. I don't see a transformer in the picture.

Reactions: Vawlkus
This location is going to be packed haha. When I stopped by there, I saw at least 10 Tesla's in the parking lot. Also West Vancouver has the highest % of Teslas per capita. I mean when the average home is $2 mil haha.

8 stalls is not enough, 16 would ~maybe be sufficient.

Same with Richmond with 20 v2 stalls it is always almost full, 24/7 :(
I totally agree. 8 stalls mean you will be limited to an 80% charge most of the time like Guildford and Richmond. It's nice to see the first Supercharge on the north shore is almost ready. There should already be multiple locations with the amount of Teslas I see. It's a start.

I totally agree. 8 stalls mean you will be limited to an 80% charge most of the time like Guildford and Richmond. It's nice to see the first Supercharge on the north shore is almost ready. There should already be multiple locations with the amount of Teslas I see. It's a start.
You can override the 80% thing in the Nav or the app if you want to, but it would be rude to do so if there are people waiting to charge. The solution is to go at off hours and override and charge to whatever you like.

The real solution is for Tesla to build the Tesla Supercharger network as fast as they are selling cars.
I see it as a helpful reminder to the inconsiderate. Both are partial solutions. You can't expect Tesla to build the network so no one will ever have to wait to supercharge ever. So reminding people to not be a charge-hole at the busy locations is a nice arrow in the quiver.

No more fighting your way over the bridge and through downtown traffic to Burrard after skiing at Cypress. :oops:

No more risking getting a remote submitted ticket via Canada Post if you fail to get out of your Tesla and pay for your parking. ☹️

Thank you to London Drugs for hosting this Supercharger.

Cheers, Hugh-SG

Reactions: Vancity-Tes1a
Drove by this evening, looks like there is still no power. I see no lights powering the Tesla logo on the pumps.
One thing struck me, there is not a lot of room for these chargers off the alley. When you are maneuvering to back in you will be occupying space in the alley, competing with the cross traffic, until you are fully up to the charger. You will see what I mean when you go to use them.