Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger-Northbrook, IL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla's updated map shows a new supercharger location in Northbrook,IL coming in 2018. Northbrook Court would be handy location given it is kind of midway I-94, and I-294 and they both have full interchanges on Lake-Cook road.

Can't find any permits online with or anything indicating a possible location. Any body have any idea on what the location might actually be?

Without any clues there's no way to tell. I have a feeling it will be farther north, possibly up by the 294/94/Lake Cook exchange. There's a already a bunch of chargers at Abt, fairly close to the southern end of Northbrook. The only other possibility would be the NE area of town near 94; steering charging traffic away from the service center. Possibly Village Square or Northbrook Court.

There may not be a supercharger location there yet--but just noticed that they are adding another 6 more Volta J1772 stations there in addition to the 2 that are there already. Seem to adding 2 more stations at each common mall entrance. Not operating yet--but look close to being finished.

I would not count on this happening any time soon. Eight months later and I cannot find any permits or the like for Northbrook. Really could use now that HP is pretty much offline. Kind of a big hole from Skokie/Glenview all the way north to Pleasant Prairie.

Reactions: Sully's8
Interesting Tesla now shows online a new separate supercharger location coming to Highland Park in 2020. HP service center shown separately--so I'm assuming this is not their old 4 station ones being rebranded or opened for general use again. Northbrook one still on map now with 2020 date in place of 2019, which was in place of 2018. They have also added a Buffalo Grove one coming in 2020 too.

Last edited:
Interesting Tesla now shows online a new separate supercharger location coming to Highland Park in 2020. HP service center shown separately--so I'm assuming this is not their old 4 station ones being rebranded or opened for general use again. Northbrook one still on map now with 2020 date in place of 2019, which was in place of 2018. They have also added a Buffalo Grove one coming in 2020 too.

Still need one a bit further North like Gurnee.

To see any of these locations, anytime soon, would be a start--the area has turned into a supercharger desert since HP service center taken offline. Can't find a single pending planning/permit application, in any of these towns, so I don't there will be much happening soon.

IMG_1159.jpg IMG_1161.jpg
8 station (looks like V3) is under construction at Willow Festival, Northbrook, IL 60062 – Retail Space | Regency Centers. Equipment already on site and mostly installed. It is in parking lot about half way between REI and Lowe's.

Supercharger in north suburbs is certainly needed--but I'm not sure about this location. Good for local charging but it is a 5+ minutes from 94 (Willow exit), and at least 10-mins from 294 Willow exit.

Approx. coordinates are 42.107745,-87.802496

Attachments

• IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    577.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
View attachment 507129 View attachment 507131
8 station (looks like V3) is under construction at Willow Festival, Northbrook, IL 60062 – Retail Space | Regency Centers. Equipment already on site and mostly installed. It is in parking lot about half way between REI and Lowe's.

Supercharger in north suburbs is certainly needed--but I'm not sure about this location. Good for local charging but it is a 5+ minutes from 94 (Willow exit), and at least 10-mins from 294 Willow exit.

Thank you! Added on Supercharge Info!!

View attachment 507129 View attachment 507131

I agree the location is bizarre. Very far from 294 but 3 miles from 94. Its also very close to the Superchargers at Abt in Glenview. Although those are urban SCs. These definitely look like V3 since the cables are so thin.