Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Northridge, CA (LIVE 23 Nov 2022, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is going to be a problem. I can already see KTLA doing a news report of Tesla and Ice drivers getting into arguments over these spots. For the life of me, I have no idea why they decided on this location. This parking lot is always busy.

In Chatsworth, there is a vacant lot on De Soto and Plummer, where it was formerly a gas station that would have been a nice spot.

I do most of my charging at home, but having supercharger options near by is always pleasant. But they are mostly packed.
View attachment 840637
Yea that's a problem in that area. I have some hope that these will get so busy through the day and into the wee hours of the night that there just won't be any chance of ICEing. I also hope the parking signage is pretty aggressively worded. My experiences with parking in a lot of parts of LA is that business owners and shopping center operators are not shy to use tow trucks or other punitive measures when it comes to parking scofflaws or people who ignore time limits or signage, especially in busy shopping centers. I hope that will be the case here. And don't ask me how I know (my previous younger non-Tesla driving self would be embarrassed if I told the story🙃 )

This is going to be a problem. I can already see KTLA doing a news report of Tesla and Ice drivers getting into arguments over these spots. For the life of me, I have no idea why they decided on this location. This parking lot is always busy.

In Chatsworth, there is a vacant lot on De Soto and Plummer, where it was formerly a gas station that would have been a nice spot.

I do most of my charging at home, but having supercharger options near by is always pleasant. But they are mostly packed.
View attachment 840637
I live close by, and I agree with you. This is one of the busiest areas in Northridge. I try to avoid it as much as possible.

Reactions: RedWhite19
Looks like they’re not only for Teslas.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 167
Reactions: RedWhite19
Once again, I do jot understand why they decided to put it in this parking lot. I’d like to shake the nincompoop’s hand that signed off on this location.

I do not think I’ve ever seen this(I have seen 30 minute general parking but not “general parking”).And yes, I do feel bad for those that rely on this. They’ll probably have to go after 10PM.

The Granada charger is always full, which is the nearest location. The other day(Saturday), it was almost 2am and I checked and it was packed. And right now, it is at capacity. I know they are adding 6 or 8 additional superchargers to alleviate the problem but I think that will only slightly help them problem.

E2798705-3F07-496C-9785-DA9283D967E3.png

Last edited:
3BEA749B-9066-49D8-94A6-2E6158EDE715.jpeg

DF28ACFD-6DEC-4047-B01D-CD18810D6865.jpeg

3E592396-5318-41BD-89E0-050AD294EB97.jpeg

6E4A16EC-43E8-42E6-8F24-A897C1756EFC.jpeg

Guessing this is where the transformer will go.
F8E14D2B-333A-4B9F-915A-41BD00972494.jpeg

I also counted. There are 24 spots. There were some cars parked to get food but the charging near the street was empty. I’m assuming this will be a place where charging will be ideal after 10pm. But it is strange why this place is so busy. There is David’s Bridal, a cheap tuxedo place, a Chi-Chi’s Pizza(I mean, seriously, the late 90s called and wants its pizza spot back), and a bunch of other random restaurants and shops.