Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Northwest - Kalispell

VIKING26

Jun 25, 2016
Fargo
I plan to visit Glacier later this summer. Not that it can’t be done without the SC, but it makes it much easier. Fingers crossed construction starts soon.

Rownolds

High Mileage Member
Jan 17, 2014
Kalispell, MT
No new news for Kalispell.
A search for pulled electrical permits in Flathead County shows nothing.
BUT, the Helena SC is online now and at least two local Tesla owners are planning a drive over there this weekend to show the Super1 managers and decision makers that having a SC in their parking lot is a good thing. There is a well-sited Super1 in Kalispell. If anyone who reads this can go charge at Helena, buy a little something at the Super1 and mention to the cashier or manager that having the SC is appreciated, this might help. Also, if there are several Teslas charging, call the local newspaper and tell them there's a community interest story there. I'm sure Super1 would appreciate being mentioned.

Reactions: PACEMD

bollar

Disgruntled Member
May 1, 2013
Southlake, TX
I'm surprised there's so much discussion without any pictures of the supposed location.
IMG_5859.jpeg
IMG_5860.jpeg
IMG_5861.jpeg

alphainfinity

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2019
Kalispell
Spoke with a local owner and he said that Super 1 Foods wasn't going to build Kalispell until they were confident the Supercharger in Helena was successful. He suggested stopping by there and letting the management know that you came into the store because of the Supercharger.
What is the owners definition of success? Meeting a certain revenue target? How will that be measured?

I don’t know why Tesla would wait on super1. There are literally tons of better spots on the north side of town right off the bypass that would make a lot more sense, especially for those traveling to Glacier park or Canada.

bollar

Disgruntled Member
May 1, 2013
Southlake, TX
What is the owners definition of success? Meeting a certain revenue target? How will that be measured?

I don’t know why Tesla would wait on super1. There are literally tons of better spots on the north side of town right off the bypass that would make a lot more sense, especially for those traveling to Glacier park or Canada.
No idea.

My experience is that Tesla likes locations that cost them little-to-nothing. If there's a more desirable location with sufficient electric infrastructure and an owner who's ready to build now, perhaps it's worth sharing with Tesla.

• Love
Reactions: KJD and scottf200

scottf200

Feb 3, 2013
Chicagoland ModelX S603

No idea.

My experience is that Tesla likes locations that cost them little-to-nothing. If there's a more desirable location with sufficient electric infrastructure and an owner who's ready to build now, perhaps it's worth sharing with Tesla.

If you want to suggest some via below you can also let some of use know and we can email: supercharger(@)tesla.com
'suggest a charging site': Charging Partners | Tesla

bygNAbm.jpg

7QtjlGa.jpg

alankrit122j

Oct 20, 2020
Bothell
Any more news or pictures for this site folks? Glacier National Park trip is impossible (or rather more troublesome) till this site is up.
What do you folks think of something collectively emailing supercharger email address? I can spin up a google form that will collect details of all the email addresses who want to be part of that email to supercharger.
Let me know folks if you think this is feasible or userful! Cheers.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC