Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Northwest - Kalispell

Tectonic

Jan 27, 2020
Colorado
Any more news or pictures for this site folks? Glacier National Park trip is impossible (or rather more troublesome) till this site is up.
What do you folks think of something collectively emailing supercharger email address? I can spin up a google form that will collect details of all the email addresses who want to be part of that email to supercharger.
Let me know folks if you think this is feasible or userful! Cheers.

Based on some of the reports upthread, it sounded like maybe the Super1 was waiting to see how Helena their supercharger there was going before committing here. Of course, Tesla could always decide to go with another site, but site development can be slow. It might be worth inquiries both with Tesla and with the Super1 to understand the current state of things and any plans...

It would be great if this site could get built before next summer!

Trail Runner

Apr 4, 2016
Hood River, Oregon
Any more news or pictures for this site folks? Glacier National Park trip is impossible (or rather more troublesome) till this site is up.
What do you folks think of something collectively emailing supercharger email address? I can spin up a google form that will collect details of all the email addresses who want to be part of that email to supercharger.
Let me know folks if you think this is feasible or userful! Cheers.
I'm all for this. I have emailed Tesla once so far, but we should do a group email. If there is a Facebook group or two that also email, even better.

I plan to charge using my quick 220 at a Air BnB near the West side of thr park and have a KOA EV camping spot by the East side of the park next summer.

Attachments

• 20200923_193356.jpg
    20200923_193356.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 69
  • Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke

Tectonic

Jan 27, 2020
Colorado

tv_aaron

Sep 28, 2018
Bay Area
Any update from someone in the area? Planning a trip to see Glacier next summer and would really like to avoid destination chargers (stayed at a hotel in the area last summer and there were 4 Teslas for 2 chargers. I tried organizing a schedule. No one texted me or cared to figure it out).

Luckily it looks like there are more level 2 chargers in the area if it isn't finished soon

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: scottf200

smartypnz

Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2013
Monterey Peninsula
Would love to revisit Glacier and stay at Kalispell. But it can wait till they let a SpC in there. Juggling level 2 chargers with other hotel guests will only get worse. Not something you should need to stress about on vacation. Doubt Glacier will go anywhere. And there's enough ICE owners to keep the town alive. But sometimes, guys, ya gotta plan for the future.

Guvnah

Sep 16, 2018
Portland, OR
Would love to revisit Glacier and stay at Kalispell. But it can wait till they let a SpC in there. Juggling level 2 chargers with other hotel guests will only get worse. Not something you should need to stress about on vacation. Doubt Glacier will go anywhere. And there's enough ICE owners to keep the town alive. But sometimes, guys, ya gotta plan for the future.
...but is there enough ICE to keep the Glaciers from going anywhere...?

matthellstrom

Jun 7, 2018
Spokane, WA
When we went there the last couple of years we rented an AirBnb and we plugged into their dryer outlet.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS

darknavi

Mar 5, 2018
Redmond, WA
Was out in the Kalispell area visiting family last week with our Model 3. Looks like a collision shop has a Model 3 as their loaner! What a good idea to let people try this stuff out!

A super charger in Kalispell would be amazing. We are lucky that we have family and a fast charger there as a jump-off point for Glacier.

Side note: Bonners Ferry would also be a good "jump off" point for Canada and in between Kalispell and Coeur d'Alene.

alphainfinity

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2019
Kalispell
Just checked the super 1 here in Kalispell. No signs of any construction. Not even the Walmart has a Dc fastcharger. My suggestion would be to start a Walmart campaign to get a charge America or similar installed. Most of them nationwide have them already. I don’t have a lot of faith that Kalispell will see a supercharger this year.

it would be k8nd of ironic if the local Ford dealer installed something for the Mach E before Tesla construcTed a supercharger.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
I don’t have a lot of faith that Kalispell will see a supercharger this year.
Well, right now Tesla's map shows it as 2022 (and I personally include the caveat "or later"), so I would say your expectation is perfectly in line with current official guidance.

• Helpful
Reactions: CarlS

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
I really need this one by July.

Okay, I realize that isn't going to happen, but I just always wanted to be that guy in one of these supercharger threads. And I am going to a convention in Whitefish in July. Will be a bit awkward with a Tesla since the nearest supercharger is 129 miles away (and not really near my path of travel), but I will figure something out.

Raleel

Sep 3, 2019
Richland, wa
I really need this one by July.

Okay, I realize that isn't going to happen, but I just always wanted to be that guy in one of these supercharger threads. And I am going to a convention in Whitefish in July. Will be a bit awkward with a Tesla since the nearest supercharger is 129 miles away (and not really near my path of travel), but I will figure something out.
getting to whitefish isn't so bad at all. turning it around in less than 8 hours is a bit more of an issue. It's a little annoying but the one in superior is pretty close to st regis, and that's a nice route. the Missoula one is next to a solid pizza place, but I think it's a little farther out.

Tectonic

Jan 27, 2020
Colorado
getting to whitefish isn't so bad at all. turning it around in less than 8 hours is a bit more of an issue. It's a little annoying but the one in superior is pretty close to st regis, and that's a nice route. the Missoula one is next to a solid pizza place, but I think it's a little farther out.

This pin purporting to show a CCS/CHAdeMO charger in Polson, MT (S end of Flathead lake) just showed up: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Anybody have any insight into whether or not it's real? I have to say it looks a little suspect, being "non-networked", and no photos or checkins (at least yet), but it would be nice if it were real!

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC