Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kalispell, MT (permit Feb 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have the liberty to answer your question. There are many moving parts, so it is subject to change.
In this region, the Canadian route across the prairie currently has priority.
Hopefully they work on Shelby and Great Falls as well to get access to these new Canadian routes! I've pushed for those and emailed multiple times as they are 'coming soon' on maps but just move to the next year all the time. Thread: Supercharger - Great Falls, MT

Kalispell can bridge between Missoula and Fort Macleod in a LR Tesla. It’s only a few more miles net deviating to US93, and debatably more scenic.
Indeed (add 30-40% SOC) but it would depend on which side of the mountains you are coming from Western states or Eastern states route.

rPnjOFY.jpg

Kalispell can bridge between Missoula and Fort Macleod in a LR Tesla. It’s only a few more miles net deviating to US93, and debatably more scenic.

The flathead valley also happens to be the gateway to Glacier National Park which attracts millions of visitors every year. Some may come through Browning/East Glacier and others may ingress via the border. I am willing to bet most transit via the West Glacier entrance to the park.

• Informative
Reactions: im.thatoneguy
The road through the National Park also isn't open in winter. Therefore, they need to get superchargers along I-15 to really connect Montana to Canada.
I think you are thinking about Going to the Sun Road which is only open part of the year. Glacier National Park Current Road Status

US highway 2 is open year -around AFAIK unless there is a big storm but then it is plowed.
ACmw2l7.jpg

I think you are thinking about Going to the Sun Road which is only open part of the year. Glacier National Park Current Road Status

US highway 2 is open year -around AFAIK unless there is a big storm but then it is plowed.
ACmw2l7.jpg
I was talking about the route outlined in the picture you posted previously. It was not along US 2. But yes, I do see that there is potentially a 199 mile route from Kalispell to Fort MacLeod via US 2 through Browning. That being said, US 89 and Alberta Highway 2 are somewhat minor roads that might not be well maintained in winter. If you route along only US 2 and I-15 (through Shelby), it becomes a much more difficult 289 mile leg, possibly even impossible in cold winter temperatures.

I've went from my house in Bigfork to Calgary in winter with my Model 3 (early production). Charged to 100% at home, by way of US2 through Browning. All the roads are kept open in winter except for storms. Its impossible to go from Kalispell to Ft. MacLeod by way of Shelby in winter without charging. If you do the math, you'll see that even coming from the east (I90/I94) or south (I15) driving over to Missoula and up to Kalispell and then Ft. MacLeod is not too much of a detour when compared to driving straight up I15 through Great Falls.
HST, I want to see a SC in Helena ASAP. That would help me more than one in Kalispell.

Reactions: Triptych
I've went from my house in Bigfork to Calgary in winter with my Model 3 (early production). Charged to 100% at home, by way of US2 through Browning. All the roads are kept open in winter except for storms. Its impossible to go from Kalispell to Ft. MacLeod by way of Shelby in winter without charging. If you do the math, you'll see that even coming from the east (I90/I94) or south (I15) driving over to Missoula and up to Kalispell and then Ft. MacLeod is not too much of a detour when compared to driving straight up I15 through Great Falls.
HST, I want to see a SC in Helena ASAP. That would help me more than one in Kalispell.
Possibly a semantical debate, but I definitely wouldn't say impossible. Obviously you'd need a LR M3 or S100D and then it would depend greatly on the speed you drive and the weather. Generally not advisable in cold weather though of course.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
So back on topic.....have permits for Kalispell been pulled yet? Anybody know?
I appreciate the effort, but I HATE that question.

Never once in the hundreds of times people have asked that about a Supercharger have I EVER seen someone answer "oh yeah, I forgot that I saw that site under construction and didn't mention it, sorry".;)

I appreciate the effort, but I HATE that question.

Never once in the hundreds of times people have asked that about a Supercharger have I EVER seen someone answer "oh yeah, I forgot that I saw that site under construction and didn't mention it, sorry".;)
It's not just you. It makes no sense at all. You're already looking at the specific thread for the Supercharger at a certain location where any possible updates would have already been posted if someone knew about them. And the only people who would see it are the people who are already looking at and watching this thread, who would have posted those updates if they had them. I saw one a month or two ago on another one, and it's just weird. And beyond that, it marks the thread as something new having been added to it and bumps it to the top, so it gets people's hopes up who were watching it to see what the new information is.....only to find that there is no new information.

Reactions: scottf200 and BerTX
So back on topic.....have permits for Kalispell been pulled yet? Anybody know?

Thanks for asking. I just checked the MT electrical permit database and nothing yet :-\
I typically check when I think of it, once a month maybe. I'll post right away when there's any action. Of course, it never hurts to ask to jog my memory ;-)

Thanks for asking. I just checked the MT electrical permit database and nothing yet :-\
I typically check when I think of it, once a month maybe. I'll post right away when there's any action. Of course, it never hurts to ask to jog my memory ;-)

Hey Rownolds,

Thank you for your helpful and informative reply. That is why we create topics such as these and follow them.

As to the other two replies complaining about my question, GET OVER IT. I have the right to ask and there is nothing you can do about it. If there is a safe space or a therapist nearby, please go there to deal with your issues.

Meanwhile, I will ask again in a month because I want to know when I can start using a supercharger in my hometown! If you don’t like that, feel free to unfollow this thread so you can redirect your “hate” somewhere else.

Hey Rownolds,

Thank you for your helpful and informative reply. That is why we create topics such as these and follow them.

As to the other two replies complaining about my question, GET OVER IT. I have the right to ask and there is nothing you can do about it. If there is a safe space or a therapist nearby, please go there to deal with your issues.

Meanwhile, I will ask again in a month because I want to know when I can start using a supercharger in my hometown! If you don’t like that, feel free to unfollow this thread so you can redirect your “hate” somewhere else.
I believe you are the one in need of a safe space, not the other way around.

....snip....Meanwhile, I will ask again in a month because I want to know when I can start using a supercharger in my hometown!....snip.....
Nice to see that we have some boots on the ground, well certainly closer than just about everyone else reading this thread. We’re all sitting by the fireplace with popcorn awaiting the results of your investigations. Please post pictures as well. Thanks.:rolleyes: