Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kalispell, MT (permit Feb 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sigh.... Unfortunately will be there (hoping) 2nd week of July. Is there anywhere else to charge (level 2) ? If not - will have to pass on Glacier Nat'l Park.
I believe I've posted this previously in this thread (if not here, somewhere else on TMC), but the Kalispell Red Lion has a couple FREE L2 chargers with very long cords, so at the very least, you should be able to figure out some way to plug in even if the parking lot is totally full (highly unlikely this year). I used them a couple years ago and they worked great. In my case, I was a hotel guest so I called ahead and they went out and coned the parking spot just to be safe. But I'm pretty sure just about anyone could plug in for a bit if you came by during the day (hotel parking lots are pretty dead during business hours).

All,
I live in Kalispell. Where is the build site? I can check on it at least once a week and update the thread.
This post from above:
No new information on an actual building permit (I searched MT's sucky database again but didn't find anything), but I did find the planning approval and explicit confirmation of the location being at the Super1 Foods on 1st Ave. in some documents:
Address: 55N 1st Ave E N, Kalispell, MT 59901
GPS: 48.201410, -114.312037

No new news for Kalispell.
A search for pulled electrical permits in Flathead County shows nothing.
BUT, the Helena SC is online now and at least two local Tesla owners are planning a drive over there this weekend to show the Super1 managers and decision makers that having a SC in their parking lot is a good thing. There is a well-sited Super1 in Kalispell. If anyone who reads this can go charge at Helena, buy a little something at the Super1 and mention to the cashier or manager that having the SC is appreciated, this might help. Also, if there are several Teslas charging, call the local newspaper and tell them there's a community interest story there. I'm sure Super1 would appreciate being mentioned.

Reactions: PACEMD
I'm surprised there's so much discussion without any pictures of the supposed location.
IMG_5859.jpeg
IMG_5860.jpeg
IMG_5861.jpeg

Spoke with a local owner and he said that Super 1 Foods wasn't going to build Kalispell until they were confident the Supercharger in Helena was successful. He suggested stopping by there and letting the management know that you came into the store because of the Supercharger.
What is the owners definition of success? Meeting a certain revenue target? How will that be measured?

I don’t know why Tesla would wait on super1. There are literally tons of better spots on the north side of town right off the bypass that would make a lot more sense, especially for those traveling to Glacier park or Canada.

What is the owners definition of success? Meeting a certain revenue target? How will that be measured?

I don’t know why Tesla would wait on super1. There are literally tons of better spots on the north side of town right off the bypass that would make a lot more sense, especially for those traveling to Glacier park or Canada.
No idea.

My experience is that Tesla likes locations that cost them little-to-nothing. If there's a more desirable location with sufficient electric infrastructure and an owner who's ready to build now, perhaps it's worth sharing with Tesla.

• Love
Reactions: KJD and scottf200

No idea.

My experience is that Tesla likes locations that cost them little-to-nothing. If there's a more desirable location with sufficient electric infrastructure and an owner who's ready to build now, perhaps it's worth sharing with Tesla.

If you want to suggest some via below you can also let some of use know and we can email: supercharger(@)tesla.com
'suggest a charging site': Charging Partners | Tesla

bygNAbm.jpg

7QtjlGa.jpg