Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Kalispell, MT (under construction Apr 2024, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was out in the Kalispell area visiting family last week with our Model 3. Looks like a collision shop has a Model 3 as their loaner! What a good idea to let people try this stuff out!

A super charger in Kalispell would be amazing. We are lucky that we have family and a fast charger there as a jump-off point for Glacier.

Side note: Bonners Ferry would also be a good "jump off" point for Canada and in between Kalispell and Coeur d'Alene.

Just checked the super 1 here in Kalispell. No signs of any construction. Not even the Walmart has a Dc fastcharger. My suggestion would be to start a Walmart campaign to get a charge America or similar installed. Most of them nationwide have them already. I don’t have a lot of faith that Kalispell will see a supercharger this year.

it would be k8nd of ironic if the local Ford dealer installed something for the Mach E before Tesla construcTed a supercharger.

I really need this one by July.

Okay, I realize that isn't going to happen, but I just always wanted to be that guy in one of these supercharger threads. And I am going to a convention in Whitefish in July. Will be a bit awkward with a Tesla since the nearest supercharger is 129 miles away (and not really near my path of travel), but I will figure something out.

I really need this one by July.

Okay, I realize that isn't going to happen, but I just always wanted to be that guy in one of these supercharger threads. And I am going to a convention in Whitefish in July. Will be a bit awkward with a Tesla since the nearest supercharger is 129 miles away (and not really near my path of travel), but I will figure something out.
getting to whitefish isn't so bad at all. turning it around in less than 8 hours is a bit more of an issue. It's a little annoying but the one in superior is pretty close to st regis, and that's a nice route. the Missoula one is next to a solid pizza place, but I think it's a little farther out.

getting to whitefish isn't so bad at all. turning it around in less than 8 hours is a bit more of an issue. It's a little annoying but the one in superior is pretty close to st regis, and that's a nice route. the Missoula one is next to a solid pizza place, but I think it's a little farther out.

This pin purporting to show a CCS/CHAdeMO charger in Polson, MT (S end of Flathead lake) just showed up: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

Anybody have any insight into whether or not it's real? I have to say it looks a little suspect, being "non-networked", and no photos or checkins (at least yet), but it would be nice if it were real!

Polson Enel X.jpg
Polson Enel X.jpg

I passed through Polson, MT today and checked the Taco Bell. There is indeed this new charger and it is operational. There are two 50kWh options with one each of CHAdeMO and CCS (no Tesla port option, unless you have the CHAdeMO adapter). I am highly anticipating the Kalispell SC as well, but it looks like it has been pushed back until 2022. If I see any new developments there, I will post here. Thanks to all of you for your posts/updates.

I passed through Polson, MT today and checked the Taco Bell. There is indeed this new charger and it is operational. There are two 50kWh options with one each of CHAdeMO and CCS (no Tesla port option, unless you have the CHAdeMO adapter). I am highly anticipating the Kalispell SC as well, but it looks like it has been pushed back until 2022. If I see any new developments there, I will post here. Thanks to all of you for your posts/updates.
FYI, I searched this thread to see if this 3rd party CCS adapter was ever tested on an Enel or EnelX but there were no search hits. Setec CCS to Tesla Adapter

View attachment 653606View attachment 653606

Wow, surprising location, but great news to have another potential charging option in that area! Thanks for sleuthing!

And now it seems to have been removed entirely from consideration.....
View attachment 656048
I saw this today, does anyone have information on this? As an owner of a Model Y LR based in Missoula. I would love to head to Glacier. Arrival SoC would be 29% but charging in the park is locked at 8kWh and getting enough juice to get back to the supercharger network would be 4+ hours. With the summer times being full of people it makes me nervous to arrive at a queue of people waiting to charge. Any solutions based in Kalispell or do I need to buy a CHAdeMO adapter for the Enel at Taco Bell in Polson?

I saw this today, does anyone have information on this? As an owner of a Model Y LR based in Missoula. I would love to head to Glacier. Arrival SoC would be 29% but charging in the park is locked at 8kWh and getting enough juice to get back to the supercharger network would be 4+ hours. With the summer times being full of people it makes me nervous to arrive at a queue of people waiting to charge. Any solutions based in Kalispell or do I need to buy a CHAdeMO adapter for the Enel at Taco Bell in Polson?
I was looking forward to this as well. Kind of disappointing if they cancelled this charger...

I've been thinking about a trip thru the Canadian Rockies, then dropping down to Glacier National Park. If there's no supercharger in Kalispell, I will probably have to do the trip in my Audi instead. Very disappointing.

I've been thinking about a trip thru the Canadian Rockies, then dropping down to Glacier National Park. If there's no supercharger in Kalispell, I will probably have to do the trip in my Audi instead. Very disappointing.
Yep waited for it last year and was disappointed. However, went anyway. There are a number of hotels with destination chargers and the simple overnight filled my M3 which was more than enough to get over the 'Going to the Sun road' in the Park (Spectacular !!! Head up early, and you catch drastic views of clouds rushing thru the hills as the sun rises). And refill before leaving gave me plenty of options.

Specifically the Red Lion downtown has at least one Tesla destination charger.

Very disappointing that they removed this. I have family in Kalispell and can easily charge over night, but this removal makes the park, in general, way less accessible.

Who knows, maybe Whitefish will get one. It's very up and coming.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3'sterly
I'm waiting for the CHAdeMO adapter to come back in stock from Tesla and I'm going to order it up and get this new Polson EV station tested. I noticed on PlugShare that the new Taco Bell near the Wye in Missoula also has an Enel X JuiceBox installed at it, so must be some sort of new partnership. Will get this tested as soon as I get the adapter!

Reactions: Big Earl