Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - W Tropical Pkwy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

New 8 stall Supercharger coming to Centennial Center on the Northwest side of the city, at the crossroads of the 95 and 215. Permit filed yesterday

1629039346224.png

Finally! The Smith’s Marketplace would’ve been nice but I’ll take it. Now do thrbNE side of town too!!

This is 5miles from me so I’ll keep an eye on this and post pictures on the regular once they start up.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: PLUS EV
Here's some pictures in an album on TMC that I took today of the potential spot/area. I'm going to edit the descriptions in a moment but just a quick look.

I think the chargers will end up in the Eastern corner of the lot near the Centennial Center Blvd & W. Tropical Pkwy intersection. I don't think they'll end up putting them too close to Red Robin (to the West) or Olive Garden (to the North) but we'll find out.

I also did some driving with Mapillary as well today so once those pictures are processed via their site they'll be available for view and on OpenStreetMap as well.

A panorama --- The tall Palm Trees to the right-ish is the intersection of Centennial Center Blvd and W. Tropical Pkwy

IMG_1268 (1).png

And then I think this is where the chargers will end up being, near the intersection

IMG_1295.jpeg

IMG_1296.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally! The Smith’s Marketplace would’ve been nice but I’ll take it. Now do thrbNE side of town too!!

This is 5miles from me so I’ll keep an eye on this and post pictures on the regular once they start up.
They should put urban chargers at the Smiths, that would make more sense (cheaper for Tesla).

The odd part about putting it here is that drivers will have a bit of a jaunt once the 215/95 Centennial interchange is done. Southbound 95 will have easy access, but that's about it. 215 E/W traffic would want to get off at Durango and take surface streets, while 95 NB would get off at Ann and snake its way up Centennial Center.

I agree with L2's at Smith's, maybe a whole bank of them like 30ea. The 215 traffic isn't too bad, I've definitely had worse routes to get to a SC in other places. Hopefully this moves quickly, my free miles are expiring soon!

As of 5 September 2021, nothing to report at the location. I drove around the whole area looking for utility spray paint or anything that'd show some type of movement but no joy. I'll keep watching the permit page for Review updates then hit the location once there's something on the site.

Positive news though, soon as I parked and got out my car "got" 2021.24.10 and then 2mins later our Model Y got it as well. It's a decent Sunday so far!

Updated Architectural Plans have been received as of 8 Oct 2021. Hopefully this is moving forward again. Last time they were denied within 12 days so hopefully the timeline for an approval is the same or less since most things have already been approved. I'll do a drive by this week

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Went thru there about three years ago after stopping at a Peet's for breakfast. Was headed to Beatty then across Death Valley. Major road construction to get on 95 at the time. Hopefully done and a vast improvement for the amount of growth in northwest Las Vegas.

UPDATE: Progress is being made. They've had a utility finder company come out and mark up the asphalt. There's also a storage container, roll-off dumpster and most importantly... a porta-potty. Pictures below.

Also, the permit process has moved but someone is still messing it up on Tesla's side by forgetting to get some things done. Architectural review was Approved but Structural Review was denied again for the same reasons as the first submittal apparently.

IMG_1865.png

IMG_1864.png

IMG_1863.png

IMG_1862.png

IMG_1861.png

IMG_1860.png

IMG_1859.png

Looks like they finally figured out the process including some CLV upload issue. One last issue concerning digital engineer signature and looks like there was already a resubmission today. Hopefully this will also help alleviate the Tivoli Village chargers.

Reactions: Matsayz