Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Las Vegas, NV - W Tropical Pkwy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They’ve filled in the big hole around that concrete base near Centennial Center Blvd (scroll up for picks I’ve taken of that). Still no transformer BUT the trash can was installed so… WINNING!

64E7E18A-5B49-4C11-A559-E50B76D36D77.jpeg

59BF38AE-FA18-4112-A757-A771FDD3E72E.jpeg
1763262B-0057-4CB6-95E0-5C1D74BADEA2.jpeg
025FA109-7E0D-442E-A0F2-589B6957976D.jpeg

Attachments

• E6744119-EF6D-4BFC-9658-5299983C9800.jpeg
    E6744119-EF6D-4BFC-9658-5299983C9800.jpeg
    609.1 KB · Views: 57
It’s 188 miles from Mesquite to Beatty, and I am so tired of driving into Las Vegas on my way through.

I either have to slow down, or not use air conditioning to skip Las Vegas, and in August, I’m not going to skip air conditioning.

Open by August, please!

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I will have to try and go from Mesquite to Beatty.
Be careful on that one. It's uphill and often into the wind. The elevation alone will burn ~18 rated miles. Try to charge up to 300 rated miles if you can. Or at least 270. Definitely start out driving slowly if you start with <300. If it's going poorly, you can always divert to one of the Vegas superchargers, but I get that that can be an annoying diversion when there's traffic.

Oh, and there's basically no way this supercharger will be open on Friday so just forget about that possibility.

Reactions: ChrisInVegas
According to the Building and Permits site, all work and inspections have been completed except for Final Building and Final Fire inspections. It's been that way for about the last 2 months. Anyone can check status by going to Permit & Application Status
The work isn't ready, so the inspections haven't been requested. We still don't have a transformer, must be a backlog or maybe the contractor hasn't been paid??? I drive by here at least a few times a week (Home Depot is across the road for Honey-Do projects)... That trash can still looks fabulous though, a little dusty but still new

inspections.PNG

Yeah I don’t understand what the hold up is. This is beyond the lead time for a transformer, maybe Tesla has decided to finish other projects or the crew & Tesla are beefin?

Could’ve used this one the other day
It does seem to be taking an oddly long time to get finished.

I drive by this spot at least once a week. If there are changes, I will immediately post something here.

Our EDD on our MYLR7 is Dec'19-Jan'29. Think the site will be finished before our Y gets here? I should start a pool.

It does seem to be taking an oddly long time to get finished.

I drive by this spot at least once a week. If there are changes, I will immediately post something here.

Our EDD on our MYLR7 is Dec'19-Jan'29. Think the site will be finished before our Y gets here? I should start a pool.
Dude I was hoping it'd be months ago, it was rockin then nothing. I drive by it all the time too, Home Depot & PetCo trips... I think once we see some site clean-up we'll know it's on the move again.

Make sure you get a 240v installed in the garage, we rarely need a supercharger but when we need the quick juice this place would be the perfect location. I'd recommend iPower Electric if you need it installed, should be about $300 if installed within 5ft of the panel. I've got an extra 14-50 adapter for the mobile charger if you need it, just DM me

So.... I may be wrong, but I *think* this project may get moving again. When I drove by today, I noticed there was a big piece of construction equipment at the site. I am not 100% sure, but I don't think it was there last weekend so I want to take this as a sign that progress will be seen soon.

Of course... I am old and maybe my memory is failing me and the construction equipment was always there.