TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger-Northwest-Pocatello - Confirmed

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Rownolds, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Rownolds

Rownolds High Mileage Member

I'm buds with a backhoe guy and today he helped pour a supercharger pad at the Clarion Inn in Pocatello. I'll drive over there tomorrow and get some pics.
    This is good news. I'll be able to decommission my HPWC in Chubbuck and move it to somewhere more useful. Maybe Kalispell, MT.

• Like x 3
    • Informative x 1
  2. Rownolds

Night clerk at the Clarion Inn confirms that "Tesla chargers are being installed". I suppose there is some question about whether these are destination chargers or superchargers. I will contact the day manager tomorrow and try to confirm.
    Fingers crossed....

3. Chuq

Chuq Member

I guess if concrete pads are being poured it would not be for destination chargers? Still, best to be sure. I was considering submitting this to supercharge.info but will wait for confirmation.

4. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

Clarion Inn is 1399 Bench Road, Pocatello, ID near exit 71 on I-15, which is 1 exit south of the I-86 intersection.
    Also, close to US-30 and US-91.
    Tremonton to site 92.4 miles.
    Twin Falls to site 116 miles.
    That's a good site for full coverage.

5. KJD

KJD Member

Close to the intersection of I-86 and I-15 sounds like a good location to me.

Is anyone close enough to that location to stop by and get more details?

6. Rownolds

Further update: This morning the day manager of the Clarion called me (I left a msg last night). He says, "I really don't know what they're doing. All we did was provide the parking spaces, they're doing everything else".
    Well, that sounds like a supercharger to me. If this was a destination charger, the Clarion Inn would be more involved.

• Informative x 1
  7. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Active Member

In particular, I think people would be interested in how much parking space they have. Hotel lots can be a problem when the hotel is busy.

8. Rownolds

Saturday AM pic
    there will be 8 charging stalls, one is a "pull in forward" type. This last one is also positioned so that it could be approached from an out-of-the-box direction if the stalls are all ICE'd. Also, it will allow X charging w/o unhooking whatever is being towed.
    The parking situation is grim (Thanks to itsnotaboutthemoney for reminding me to comment on this). This will be one of those SC's that has a problem w/ being ICE'd at night, like at the Glenwood Springs SC. This is compounded by the parking places being in a prime spot for the hotel. It may have been better to put them in a far corner of the hotel parking lot rather than near the front entrance. On the other hand, the pedestals will be easily seen from the Interstate, and they will be very easy to find when pulling in to the parking lot.

• Informative x 6
  9. KJD

KJD Member

Rewnolds thank you for the information on the super charger. The picture links do not seem to work for me, I get this error message

You do not have permission to view media within this album.

10. chargeshare

chargeshare Member

This is great news! The images also do not load for me.

11. Rownolds

Yeah, first time for me uploading media. I just changed the permissions to 'public'. Could someone let me know if the images are now viewable?

12. KJD

KJD Member

Yes they are viewable now.
    Thanks again.

13. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

Definitely not destination chargers!

Thanks for the pics and updates @Rownolds!

14. cman8

cman8 Member

Great news. I was waiting for this one.

15. cman8

cman8 Member

Looks to be 7 Superchargers there? I hope they finish the way into yellowstone soon. Thats a much needed area so people can hit up all the national parks.

16. chargeshare

chargeshare Member

17. cman8

cman8 Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Just drove by today on my way to Blackfoot. Looks like great progress and should be operational soon.

• Like x 3
  18. KJD

KJD Member

Looking good. Thanks for the update. Looks like the only thing missing is the charge cables.

19. chargeshare

chargeshare Member

Wow that was fast! Looks great. Might have to pay a visit to Pocatello someday!

20. Rownolds

On 5/15 I spoke to the desk person at the Clarion and she said, "They pulled cables today. They said they were bringing up a Tesla from Salt Lake City to test them next week". But it sure looks ready to go. Does anyone know if they block them or put a 'Stay out' ribbon or something around them until they go live?
    Unfortunately, we came in F250 ;-( this trip so we couldn't check ourselves. Can someone local test them? There aren't that many Tesla's in Pocatello/Chubbuck (Only one now, I think, now that we've moved to Kalispell, MT).
    20160514_194907[1].jpg

• Like x 1