Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Pocatello, ID

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Normally there is nothing physically preventing someone from plugging in before they go live except that there is no power. You can check to see if the TESLA LED display at the top of each charger is lit to see if it is live, but it is very unlikely to have the power turned on before it has been tested.

As one who regularly makes the trip from Jackson, WY to Las Vegas I'm definitely feeling the love. Now, after charging at Tremonton on my way north, I have my choice of charging at either Pocatello or Idaho Falls. Which leads to my question. Since those 2 towns are only 50 miles apart I'm curious about the logic behind putting 2 SC so close together?

Not complaining, mind you. Just wondering.

Great to see this. We're heading up that way next month (on our way to the Tetons) and this will be a good stop. Might even stay overnight since that will be about the time limit of our drive for the day.
Hopefully Idaho Falls will be done soon also.

As one who regularly makes the trip from Jackson, WY to Las Vegas I'm definitely feeling the love. Now, after charging at Tremonton on my way north, I have my choice of charging at either Pocatello or Idaho Falls. Which leads to my question. Since those 2 towns are only 50 miles apart I'm curious about the logic behind putting 2 SC so close together?

Not complaining, mind you. Just wondering.

We go from Bozeman to Boise and the road between Idaho Falls and Twin Falls (160 mi) can be quite windy. Having Pocatello as an option will make it easier to go the full speed limit and not worry about the wind. Also Pocatello to Lima, MT (145 mi) could be a stretch in the winter since you have to go over the pass. I'm sure there are other reasons but these are the ones that come to my mind.

Reactions: ModelX
On 5/15 I spoke to the desk person at the Clarion and she said, "They pulled cables today. They said they were bringing up a Tesla from Salt Lake City to test them next week". But it sure looks ready to go. Does anyone know if they block them or put a 'Stay out' ribbon or something around them until they go live?
Unfortunately, we came in F250 ;-( this trip so we couldn't check ourselves. Can someone local test them? There aren't that many Tesla's in Pocatello/Chubbuck (Only one now, I think, now that we've moved to Kalispell, MT).
View attachment 176956

What's the status are they live now? I might be taking a trip next week, if they are working I'll take my Tesla.

It's open as of 15 minutes ago. I arrived to find the Tesla field techs just finishing it off. Having hypermiled from Termination en route to Jackson, it was a great relief to top up.
tmp_26190-IMG_20160524_130204888654159.jpg
tmp_26190-IMG_20160524_130204888654159.jpg
tmp_26190-IMG_20160524_1253371466632512.jpg

It's open as of 15 minutes ago. I arrived to find the Tesla field techs just finishing it off. Having hypermiled from Termination en route to Jackson, it was a great relief to top up.View attachment 177845 View attachment 177845 View attachment 177846

Can't seem to edit but obviously meant Tremonton and didn't mean to post duplicate pics. Sorry, was first post and excited to have been the first to use this most useful SC. Heard rumours that a West Yellowstone SC will be in works soon ...

-I&W
Toronto

Last month I drove from California across I80 and then stopped at Twin Falls, Idaho Falls and West Yellowstone Superchargers. These new Superchargers made the trip so easy. Last year we had to drive from Jackson down to Tremonton which was a bit of a stretch. This year it was fast and easy. Didn't even need to stop in Pocatello.

Reactions: Saxena