Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Novato, CA (LIVE 28 Mar 2020, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Just noticed this sign at the corte Madera chargers. Wonder how long that has been out.
@channing saw and reported a sign at the Corte Madera superchargers saying that there were 20 stall superchargers coming soon to Novato and Santa Rosa. Based on that I was able to find a Novato building permit for one--B2019-0918. They are going in at the Vintage Oaks Shopping Center. Given that Tesla has a partnership with Target for installing superchargers, I wouldn't be surprised if they were near there. But there's no info as yet on the exact siting within the Vintage Oaks property.

Address: 208 Vintage Way, Novato, CA 94945
GPS: no information on exact siting within the property

@BlueShift @Chuq

Since the permit was issued 9 days ago, this one might already be under construction. The address is the same as for the Sephora store, so the site might be next to the little park type area with oak trees or possibly on the back side of the mall along Rowland Blvd.

Last edited:
Since the permit was issued 9 days ago, this one might already be under construction. The address is the same as for the Sephora store, so the site might be next to the little park type area with oak trees or possibly on the back side of the mall along Rowland Blvd.
The address is just the generic address for the shopping center, not based on a specific store. So, I wouldn't read into it quite so closely. However, there is a Target in that complex. And since Tesla has partnered with Target for quite a number of superchargers, I wouldn't be surprised to see them installed somewhere in a lot that could be considered as part of Target's allotment.

This IS great news! I'm betting the new Superchargers will be on the Rowland Blvd backside of the building, where there is a separate parking area. Note that the 208 Vintage Way address is also listed for Loft and Supercuts. Between them there is an interior hall that goes between the back parking lot and the front of the shopping center.

Reactions: Blu Zap
As I suspected, they broke ground for the Superchargers at Vintage Oaks in the backside parking lot. Here’s a view of the extensive conduit work going in

909912ED-0AE6-4195-B198-D696D2886995.jpeg
As

Novato, CA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-101
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-101

To: Petaluma, CA - 13 miles
Diversion: 1.6 miles
To: Rohnert Park, CA - 22.4 miles

Another Supercharger north of the Bay Area along US-101. US-101 Supercharger density in California is pretty impressive, but surely that 111.8 mile gap between Atascadero, CA and Salinas, CA will be split at some point reasonably soon.

Reactions: goldengate
As I suspected, they broke ground for the Superchargers at Vintage Oaks in the backside parking lot. Here’s a view of the extensive conduit work going in

View attachment 462716 As
Nice! Thanks for keeping an eye out! From the conduit, it'll be 20 V2 superchargers.

I added a note on the supercharge.info forum for the pin's GPS location to be moved to better reflect the actual location. 38.089447, -122.551755 google map.