Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Novato, CA (LIVE 28 Mar 2020, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked in on Wednesday and the truck has not moved and nothing is happening. There was nobody around. I'd previously been told that it was coming on line last week. Interestingly, it's not even on the coming soon section of PluShare.

Interesting to see this, announced in the summer and China building a hospital in 8 days!

Can't really compare the two, as the USA has building standards. I'm not surprised that it might take awhile to get final approval from the city. I'm pretty sure Novato has never had an EV station that is designed to provide 3 megawatts, especially in a busy shopping center.

Can't really compare the two, as the USA has building standards. I'm not surprised that it might take awhile to get final approval from the city. I'm pretty sure Novato has never had an EV station that is designed to provide 3 megawatts, especially in a busy shopping center.

Locate a charger | Electrify America

there are a bunch of Electrify AMerica chargers over at the Novato Faire Shopping Center. I dont know the total MW. This is more of just an FYI

• Informative
Reactions: Blu Zap
I went by the s/c Sunday afternoon...no power yet
sc9.jpg
sc10.jpg

I was there yesterday at 11am and Tesla guys were working on some modifications. I had a chat with the lead engineer. They are very frustrated and lay the delay at the door of PG&E. Seems that PG&E take an age to respond and then ask for minor changes (that are not normal at any other installations) and then take an age to come by and check. They have no idea when this site will be live. Welcome to Novato :(
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_15b3.jpg

I was theorizing that Novato and several other new installations were being delayed by Tesla for a "big" PR release. We all know how Elon loves to make news. "Today Tesla is proud to announce 100 new Supercharger locations in the USA. This continues our commitment to (blah blah)..."

But PG&E incompetence makes more sense. :D