Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Novato, CA (LIVE 28 Mar 2020, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot believe this place still hasn't opened. I just went to the new Berkeley, Emeryville and Oakland Superchargers that are also waiting for a transformer to be installed, but all of them are V3 superchargers. And the El Cerrito one is an Urban Supercharger so that leaves this one as the only unopened V2 around here.

Hmmm, this seems to add some credence to my above mentioned "theory". We shall see.

The Goodwill guy said today that he had "been told" it was being turned on Tuesday the 10th but he was not going to be held to that! I told him if it was true I would bring him a bottle of wine! He said he didn't drink so I told him I would bring a donation to Goodwill in its' place! I know when this happens there's going to be a huge party and I plan to help it happen!

Reactions: Blu Zap
Today I again interacted with the Goodwill guy who was embarrassed that the charger wasn’t on and he had gone in talked to “mall management “ who now predict it will open 16 March! Which will happen first? A Bernie concession or the Supercharger opening?

I went over on Monday and the guy (picture) in the Goodwill truck said he's been given two dates and they had both passed. He told me that the guy from Tesla said it's starting "very soon" . if you see him say hi, he's super nice!

Attachments

• IMG_1677.jpg
    IMG_1677.jpg
    546.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Informative
Reactions: Blu Zap
It's OPEN! I charged for about 15 minutes and I only got up to 32kw possibly because I was already at 180 and my S is a 2017. Another woman in the X said she had charged yesterday the 27th. Not all the chargers are working as they have some taped off! But I am in nirvana right now as these are 5 miles from my house!

Attachments

• Novato Supercharger.pdf
    96 KB · Views: 67
Yes indeed! I had the whole location to myself!.

Good news - I didn't get charged for the usage, probably because it's not officially open yet. So, fill 'er up!

Bad news - I started at 66%, but the rate never got above 42kW. That's what I would expect from an urban charger. I suspect they don't have this location cranked up all the way yet.
novato.png

those don’t like like urban chargers - urban chargers have the handle holster on the outside of the charging cabinet…non-urban chargers are on the “inside loop” like the ones in the pictures

are sure these are urban/72 kW chargers?
No they're definitely not urban superchargers. Dandrewk was saying that the charge rate they were getting was closer to what they'd expect from an urban charger, and that therefore they didn't believe the site was providing full power yet.

Went by the s/c in Novato yesterday, Monday 30th...I have a 2016 MX, seemed to charge quickly @ 85Kw. Faster than my 2013 MS with dual chargers. Its also my first time using s s/c with my MX, so admittedly, I cant compare to other stations

Attachments

• scn1.jpg
    scn1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 55
  • scn2.jpg
    scn2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 57