TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharger - Nowra NSW

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by waitingformodel3, Jul 21, 2017.

1. waitingformodel3

waitingformodel3 New Member

I was having a little look at the list of superchargers in Australia here, daydreaming, and saw that Nowra NSW was on the list as 'coming soon'. I also saw a few others such as Bathurst. This will be very handy for trips down the coast or through Kangaroo Valley, or even through Nerriga to Canberra and onwards to Cooma.

There is nothing on the Shoalhaven City Council DA site, but I have family in the area who may know more.

PS I hope it's not too presumptuous of me to give this thread the title I have.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  2. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Usually when I see a new thread created for a supercharger, I assume it is because some concrete evidence has been found. However that's just from habit, it's not a rule, and now that Tesla have put the "grey dots" on the map with specific city names I don't think there is a problem with creating threads!

• Like x 1
  3. baillies

baillies Member

Seems Shoalhaven council thinks a Tritium 50kw Rapid Charger is a super charger... still interesting though, strange they mention Tesla destination chargers at stocklands Nowra but not Tesla superchargers as coming??? My cynical side thinks maybe ActewAGL is trying to get $5000 x 3 without telling the council that Tesla is planning to install even faster chargers at no cost to the council...

Page 73 "Installation of Electric Car Rapid Chargers" in http://shoalhaven.infocouncil.biz/Open/2017/06/CL_20170627_AGN_2657_AT.PDF

4. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Moderators note
    Thread made sticky until Nowra Supercharger opens.

5. baillies

baillies Member

On the updated supercharger map this is not coming till 2018, so I guess the sticky can be removed. I think the supercharger threads shouldn't be created until we have a definitive approved location and not stickied till construction begins.