TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - NW Phoenix

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by AudubonB, Oct 28, 2017.

1. AudubonB

AudubonB Investing is fun!

#1 AudubonB, Oct 28, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    (On edit: Locals may consider this to be "N Phoenix", not "NW". If so, someone other than me will have to change the thread title - sorry!)

Supercharge.info just posted a permit for Phoenix's first SpC: off the junction of 101 and I-17. A map search shows it to be about as accessible - or not - as anything can be when trying to get on or off one of those thoroughfares:

Phoenix SpC 101 & I-17.png

2. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

I'm surprised that even has a Phoenix address but maybe Deer Valley or whatever is still unincorporated. That is a long haul from downtown Phoenix so I'm sure some people will be disappointed when they see "Phoenix supercharger" lol.

3. kk7p

kk7p Member

The "coming soon" section on the Tesla website shows four (4) future SupeChargers in the Phoenix area. Three planned before the end of 2018, one planned before the end of 2017. I suspect at least one of them will be closer to or south of downtown. The grey markers suggest this in any event. And yes, I know the grey markers are just placeholders, not precise locations.

4. ZBB

ZBB Emperor

Deer Valley isn't a city -- just a neighborhood that is within the Phoenix city limits…

5. Tyl

Tyl Member

If this is indeed the spot, then I’m parked there! Photos as I walked around. This seems to be a purely business park area. Address is ??? not sure if I was looking at building numbers or street address numbers. One photo of the number on the structure associated with this parking lot.

Attached Files:

6. Tyl

Tyl Member

.... a few more follow up photos

Attached Files:

7. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

This is actually on the South side of the freeway at Deer Valley Town Center. It's already under construction across from PetSmart!!

• Helpful x 1
  8. BlueShift

BlueShift Member

• Like x 2
  9. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

10. Tyl

Tyl Member

Ahhhh that makes sense. Whew.

• Like x 1
  11. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

Yep! Plenty of good restaurants / stores in that area...

12. Tyl

Tyl Member

Sasmania.... are you close ....to keep up good coverage on this site? I’m 50 minutes away....

13. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

I'm 22 miles away. That wasn't even my photo (I got permission to use here), but I do go to Flagstaff all the time and drive by there on each trip. So will stop by on occasion. Hopefully, it doesn't take too long!

14. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

Here is the permit, issued on October 17th. There will be 16 stalls.

Attached Files:

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  15. Sasmania

Sasmania Member

16 STALLS!! Woohoo!! That's great news!!

16. Azlope

Azlope Member

Wow, work 5 minutes away and live 5 miles away. Probably won’t use it but good to know it’s there in a pinch.

• Like x 1
  17. thranx

thranx Member

Terrific news. I live in Prescott (there are at least seven model S and two model X owners here already) and while the sc at Cordes makes r/t to Phoenix doable enough, this new one will allow worry-free travel to more distant suburbs such as Chandler and Gilbert...not to mention south via I-10 to Tucson and beyond. It will also remove much of the need for the north Scottsdale service center to tie up their service chargers with people just trying to get back to more distant homes.

• Like x 1
  18. AudubonB

AudubonB Investing is fun!

That south side of 101 site is superior for access on all counts. Below I have mapped the Approach/Departure both for from/to the north (Cordes Jct or Wickenburg) and from/to the west (Buckeye). Points east and south are trivial.

As follows:

Phoenix SpC 101 & I-17.png

• Like x 1
  19. Tyl

Tyl Member

I’m now at the correct location!!

Better lighting. Some photos for everyone’s review.

The crew installing this Supercharger is very experienced having done many Supercharger installations..... with many more on the way.

Attached Files:

• Like x 2
  20. Tyl

Tyl Member

Two more on the way very soon to my understanding. Nothing positive but....

1. Biltmore Fashion Park
    2. Paradise Valley Mall

I'll check the areas myself Monday/Tuesday time permitting. For those of you who are local, just have a heads up when you are in those areas, keep your eyes peeled for all the obvious beginnings of a supercharging site. Thanks everyone!