Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Phoenix, AZ - Agua Fria Freeway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Such an interesting name for it - I'd call it "Phoenix North - I-17 and SR-101" since the freeway name for that segment may change from 75th Ave to Pima (proposal in discussion to name after an individual)... right now the 101 has three segments: Agua Fria, Pima (which starts just east of the supercharger), Price. Plus it makes it sound like it's near the Agua Fria river, but that's lesser known. Can't wait until the 303 starts moving east of I-17 and over to Rio Verde and then down south - in early planning stages, but follow Google Earth and you can see that land 'reserved' in areas.

Good to hear about 303 expansion plans. Any way to see the planned route besides google earth? (like the I 11 proposed route)
I live just south of 303 and 67th ave. i wish we connect to it soon, but looks like it's in no mans land between cities /MAG/ADOT etc. Any contacts that could move this along faster? Feel free to PM

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: qdeathstar
This location has become busy over the past couple of months. The chargers at each end have worked fine with greater then 115 kW. Many of the center ones just spool between 5-35 kw this has become worse over time. Have tried with Raven S and M3 with same results.

• Informative
Reactions: vickh
This location has become busy over the past couple of months. The chargers at each end have worked fine with greater than 115 kW. Many of the center ones just spool between 5-35 kw this has become worse over time. Have tried with Raven S and M3 with same results.

I agree. 3A was just spooling between 5-35 kw. Not sure if that spooling is bad for the battery? I changed three spots before I ended up with a good one :(

Report thru email/app or website?

Do other valley SCs have this problem?

I returned to this charger today. More chargers were working at 75 kWh max. I am not sure what management is doing. My brief look at license plats and talking to users seem to indicate that about 10% are traveling on long distance travel and need fast chargers.

I returned to this charger today. More chargers were working at 75 kWh max. I am not sure what management is doing. My brief look at license plats and talking to users seem to indicate that about 10% are traveling on long distance travel and need fast chargers.

yes mostly locals topping off. #3 acts up a lot. rest are good...