Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Phoenix, AZ - Agua Fria Freeway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to be taking a while for a (what seems to be) completed Supercharger to go live. My best guess is that it is awaiting some sort of final inspection by the city / county / state. I have some plans coming up and that location will come in handy.

It would only be a city inspection, and the City of Phoenix is amazing when it comes to inspections - you just call before 5pm the day before the inspection, punch in your permit number, and the inspector comes out the next day. As far as cities go, Phoenix has one of the most streamlined permitting and inspection programs in the country... we definitely have that going for us. So I'm not sure what the holdup is, I think they either were missing 'final touches' or one it appeared finished APS may have had to do something between the supercharger and their substation or something? That's an enormous amount of power draw... too bad it isn't covered with solar, but there's no benefit to the developer of the shopping center if the tenants are paying their own utilities. I think the developer is just trying to hold on to tenants at this point, as about half of those tenants there are at risk of closure within the next 36-48 months... just the way things are going.

Seems to be taking a while for a (what seems to be) completed Supercharger to go live. My best guess is that it is awaiting some sort of final inspection by the city / county / state. I have some plans coming up and that location will come in handy.

Stopped by about 5 mins ago, still no go. No numbering yet, but let me indulge to a supercharger selfie in the mean time.

CCD96288-A44A-4761-AB67-7B6217FA32AD.jpeg

It's been 128 days so far. Others seem to get done in 60 days.
It sure would be nice if Tesla installwts would share updates,with us,we have,an idea of,when to expect the final completion.
That would be wishful thinking. In Tesla land, it’s all about over hyping, then waiting, then radio silence, then more waiting, and finally over-delivering on awesomeness. Tesla has taught me many things, like patience is a virtue...

Just to make sure everyone understands...these are *not* being built by Tesla directly. They are contracted out to various electrical companies, some of which complete their contracted work quickly and fly thru inspections, others of which may be building on a slower timeline and/or have more inspection issues which require re-work. For this SC build, for example, there was originally an inspection flag based on some enclosure opening issues (see prior threads), and last week additional inspection flags based on termination issues (likely among other items). Bottom line - while there may be some language in each company's contracts with Tesla which attempt to drive timeline / SLA / etc (I have no first-hand knowledge), these are contracted installations for which the timeline and delays lie with the installer, not with Tesla.

NOTE: This is different than when Tesla sends Tesla employees (dba SolarCity) to your residence to install HPWC...those are indeed Tesla employees generating the plans / doing the install.